Barth anyone?

I know that it's from those tw*ts at HITC who seem to have an awful lot of time on their hands, but they are suggesting that Danny boy wants away from Wolves.

He's only 26 and a bit of a unit... Batth and Lees at the back , could be a force to be reckoned with ?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

If he 4th choice and another cb is coming in then fine. Otherwise it's a no from me. Probably the weakest of all the centre backs we've been linked with.

Plus he's an arrogant tail.  Really messed around a lovely girl who I know when he was at Wednesday last time.

Is he that good? 

I mean he was great in League One several years ago. 

Since then...has played for a Wolves side who have gone down, come back up, had one good season and then been sh*te. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

A few years ago maybe but we have moved on from the likes of Batth. We seem to be targeting centre backs that are better on the ball than Batth. Kyle Bartley, although expensive would be ideal for us, powerful and comfortable on the ball.

We need someone at the back who can play a bit. 

I suppose Hutchinson could do this, but him and Lees as a partnership hasn't impressed imo. 

Lees is a great defender, but his footballing ability is somewhat lacking and Loovens is just too slow at recycling the ball (and I'm a big fan of Glenn). 

If we want to playing this controlled style of football, then we need someone at the back who can start attacks. A player comfortable on the ball who pass short and long with accuracy. Too often last season Lees would pick the ball up, come forward 10-15 yards and then punt it in the general direction of whoever was up top.