George Hirst on loan to Chesterfield?

Wait for another month and see how his pre-season is... but if he doesn't perform above expectations, you'd have thought a loan move there would be ideal. Local club that'd be looking to win more matches than it loses next season. If he gets 10+ goals by Christmas we can think about recalling him and having him try and get into the matchday 18 for the second half of the season. Win-win for all parties surely? 

Would be a great move for him to get some league football under his belt and still be traveling distance from home. Hopefully he will cement his credentials as a top young striker and gain experience against the tougher old pro's.

Hirst should go wherever he can get the most minutes:

I'd rather not see him in a Wednesday shirt for two years, if it means a bonafide talent comes back to the team for years to come.   We have enough strikers that aren't getting game time, we don't need another one.

Playing against men week in week out is definitely better than him playing in the development squad. He's proved he can do it at that level already so a loan would be better than another year in the development squad. 

Lots of positives in this for me. 

Think this would be a good move for all concerned, although I'd like to see him play a few games in pre-season and against chesterfield themselves in the cup.

Think a 6 month loan in league 2 could really so him good, assess whether he stays there or moves up to league 1 in January!

Good move for him but I'm surprised more teams are not interested.

There can't be that many young English strikers who scores 40 goals last season. If that is indeed what he scored....thats what I've heard.

Excellent move and do it now so he gets a full preseason with his new teammates and gets used to a system and tactics they will be using him for. He will come back full focused and experienced on how a full season looks.

it serves us no purpose him being with us preseason as we all now he won't feature 

and as we all now those that miss preseason always have those question marks of uncertainty and playing catchup because there not ready

this is an excellent option for everyone 

I'm hoping more do the same , Stobbs, Clare, one of the young keepers.

lets get them done experience and hopefully they will make us take notice of them and question their value to our first team. Rather than us all just wishing they can breakthrough.

lets be honest any youth player is going to be hard pressed to break into our squad with the quality and  depth of it. They simply don't have the opportunity here at present 

Think Lincoln would be better. Living in Lincolnshire I hear the Cowley brothers a lot on local radio. They seem to have the right philosophy about the game. That is to enjoy playing whilst learning the game and Improving it. 

10 minutes ago, trev said:

Good move for him but I'm surprised more teams are not interested.

There can't be that many young English strikers who scores 40 goals last season. If that is indeed what he scored....thats what I've heard.

As ever with this sort of thing Chesterfield may or may not be interested; there may well be interest elsewhere.  All that said on the two occasions I saw him in the u21s i felt he was some way from being ready at our level and that may be true a bit further down the league. He is relatively undeveloped. 

(This is obviously a good thing. Current performance may well be lagging potential)

6 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

"Chesterfield are keen" no sh!t Sherlock :columbo:

Rather they take the donkey and give his place to young George 

That'd only put him behind Hooper, Rhodes, fletcher, forestieri, winnall and potentially joao then.

Still, I'm sure daves 518 minutes of football would be a huge difference, compared to 30 games that he could get on loan..

Had the misfortune of watching Chesterfield 5/6 times last season so would liven that up for me if I go.

Not sure it's a great place for him to go, lots of problems with players last season and though they've gone down not sure how they'll adapt to new division. We'll see.

Yeah Lincoln would be a good shout!!!

Guest Bagarri
Just now, S36 OWL said:

I would loan him out to get some experience, but i wouldnt loan him to that moron Allen `s club 

Allen walked out on them last season.