Ground Hopping / Ground Map

When Wednesday aren't playing, I tend to try and get to as many non league games as I can. I've racked up a good amount of grounds now, up to 111. 

Anyone else like to do a bit of "Ground Hopping"

Also, which grounds are you going to be aiming for this year? I've not been to Stadium of Light,Riverside or the Pirrelli, so they're on my "hit list" for Wednesday away. 

Does anyone else use this website too, http://www.footballgroundmap.com 

Out of the "Most supported Teams" section, Wednesday are currently 7th, 400 fans behind L**ds, so it's worth signing up just for pride! Great website for tracking grounds though.

Map.JPG

Only Milwall in this league that I haven't done. 

Could really do with a promotion or a relegation to pick up some new grounds. Envious that them Blades have spent time in the last 10 years across 3 divisions. Bet a few of there fans have racked up loads. 

Of the current 92 I have done 60. Total grounds overall being 77. Only 24 years of age, so many years ahead to pick up the grounds. Grounds like White Hart Lane and Upton park are grounds that I sadly haven't had the opportunity to go to. 

111 is impressive. Well done. 

1 minute ago, Adam1867 said:

Could really do with a promotion or a relegation to pick up some new grounds. Envious that them Blades have spent time in the last 10 years across 3 divisions. Bet a few of there fans have racked up loads. 

Of the current 92 I have done 60. Total grounds overall being 77. Only 24 years of age, so many years ahead to pick up the grounds. Grounds like White Hart Lane and Upton park are grounds that I sadly haven't had the opportunity to go to. 

Never will now sadly. Too many famous old grounds are now houses. Still you will be able to visit loads of ikea lookalike grounds. Best write them down or you won't know which ones you've been to!!!

7 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

I managed to get Spurs in last year luckily. I also got a full ground tour of WHU before that was demolished. Gutted I never got to do Highbury / Highfield Road / The Dell before they were zero'd. 

11 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Ive done white hart lane but never did Upton Park/Boylan, which im gutted about, Im luckily old enough do have done a fair few old grounds, the old den, Stokes Victoria ground, Burnden Park, Springfield Park, Roker etc but its honestly soul destroying that my lad is growing up with the flat pack stadiums. He loves the grounds like ours and Anfield and such, the proper stadiums with the decent atmosphere.

6 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Ive done white hart lane but never did Upton Park/Boylan, which im gutted about, Im luckily old enough do have done a fair few old grounds, the old den, Stokes Victoria ground, Burnden Park, Springfield Park, Roker etc but its honestly soul destroying that my lad is growing up with the flat pack stadiums. He loves the grounds like ours and Anfield and such, the proper stadiums with the decent atmosphere.

I really want to see Goodison Park before they move (Planning permission pending I believe). That's a classic old ground. 

One of my favourite away grounds is Portman Road, full of history. 

Maine Road is another I'd have liked to have done before that disappeared :( 

I've seen Wednesday play on 108 different grounds, and obviously many of them have been multiple times.  It's rare for me to get to tick off a new ground these days, done all of the current division, so I like to get a few added in the cups like Cambridge last year (if it hadn't been a new ground for me I wouldn't have been arsed to go!). If we get to the PL I'm only missing the Emirates, London Stadium and St Marys (but I've done their old grounds)

3 minutes ago, Geohay said:

I really want to see Goodison Park before they move (Planning permission pending I believe). That's a classic old ground. 

One of my favourite away grounds is Portman Road, full of history. 

Maine Road is another I'd have liked to have done before that disappeared :( 

Been to Goodison and Maine Road coz my dads mate was a season ticket holder and he used to get complimentary tickets and used to take me when I was a kid. Never done Portman road, cheers for reminding me, might have to take the boy before that turns into an Ikea as well lol

22 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Envious of the Blades?? :stuwinky:

111 is impressive. Will do this now, but didn't this used to be on Facebook? The site has not recognised my e-mail so will have to start from scratch.

I reckon I've got about 60, but maybe 50 will be active grounds. Upton Park, WHL, Millmoor, The Dell and probably more are grounds I've been to where I haven't been to the new grounds yet

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I've seen Wednesday play on 108 different grounds, and obviously many of them have been multiple times.  It's rare for me to get to tick off a new ground these days, done all of the current division, so I like to get a few added in the cups like Cambridge last year (if it hadn't been a new ground for me I wouldn't have been arsed to go!). If we get to the PL I'm only missing the Emirates, London Stadium and St Marys (but I've done their old grounds)

Epic numbers there! 

Get some non-league grounds under your belt too, that will soon boost you up more! Footy for a fiver, it's ideal. And you can have a beer whilst watching it. 

I've done 31 of the current 92, but quite a few of the old grounds too: Highbury, The Old Den, The Dell, Boleyn Ground, Highfield Road, etc. The only London ground I've missed out on is White Hart Lane, which is annoying because I live only about a mile or so away from it.

Definitely stadium of light for me. Think there will be a massive following (like every game). Fingers crossed we're in an excellent position at that stage of the season. 

Would be a fantastic away day. Bank holiday Monday as well

2 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Envious of the Blades?? :stuwinky:

111 is impressive. Will do this now, but didn't this used to be on Facebook? The site has not recognised my e-mail so will have to start from scratch.

I reckon I've got about 60, but maybe 50 will be active grounds. Upton Park, WHL, Millmoor, The Dell and probably more are grounds I've been to where I haven't been to the new grounds yet

Yea, it started on Facebook, that's where I first saw it. But that disappeared. The website is good though and very thorough. It's got over 5000 grounds worldwide on there now I think.  

Think I'm a bit older than most who have posted so far, I have watched Wednesday at 96 different grounds, (including abroad and cup finals etc)  but as many teams have moved that is only 79 English League clubs (or ex league clubs as many are now non league).

Really want to do Sunderland this season as they are the only club in the top 2 flights I have not visited.

When I got to about 20 grounds I wanted to do the 92, that is still my target but as I really only want to go these grounds watching Wednesday the more you have visited the harder it becomes.

To have been to every current League ground, I think I would have to visit over 100 clubs as nowadays with promotion from the Conference  (or whatever it's now called) the number is varying year by year.

Only ever been to 3 places to not watch Owls, Doncaster, Wembley ( obviously also been to both to watch us) and Lens for Euroyal 2016 so 97 grounds in total. 

Bet we have quite a few who are well over 100 grounds already.

7 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

God, I swear this is broke, from where I live it says Atherton Collaries ground is 5 miles away, I can see it from my house ffs

It uses your own team's ground as the starting point for distance. The Emirates is two stops away from me on the Tube, but apparently it's 282 miles...

5 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

God, I swear this is broke, from where I live it says Atherton Collaries ground is 5 miles away, I can see it from my house ffs

Went to Cols this year for the Easter Ground Hop. Tidy little ground, even with the sloped pitch! 

2 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

It uses your own team's ground as the starting point for distance. The Emirates is two stops away from me on the Tube, but apparently it's 282 miles...

Yeah but I said to use my location.........and Hillsborough aint 5 miles from Atherton lol

3 minutes ago, Geohay said:

Went to Cols this year for the Easter Ground Hop. Tidy little ground, even with the sloped pitch! 

Yeah its a decent little ground to be fair, Ill sometimes pop in to watch a game coz its near, and go up for bonfire night as the bonfire they put on there is always decent. Boltons womens team are using it as well this coming season

Been to 60 odd - only Anfield for a non-Wednesday game (was a school trip).

Will be going to Alfreton on Tuesday predominantly to add to that total.

Managed Belle Vue, Maine Road, Highfield Road and Millmoor before they disappeared. Sadly not Upton Park, Roker Park, Ayresome Park, Highbury or White Hart Lane

12 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Been to 60 odd - only Anfield for a non-Wednesday game (was a school trip).

Will be going to Alfreton on Tuesday predominantly to add to that total.

Managed Belle Vue, Maine Road, Highfield Road and Millmoor before they disappeared. Sadly not Upton Park, Roker Park, Ayresome Park, Highbury or White Hart Lane

Someone has previously mentioned that Millmoor is still being used for footy? Rotherham Reserves was it? It that still true? If so, I'd love to get a game in there!