So do you think we will do it

whilst at the moment I am optimistic about next season, I am slowly getting worried. Looking at the signings what other teams are making I wonder why we haven't. Villa are strongly linked with whelan and they've signed terry. And other teams of course but cba to list them all. This season is shaping up to be very tough. I don't think I can cope with another playoff. What do we all recon in. Not asking this question to get slated im asking this question for someone to help build my confidence again and point me to anything I may have missed.

Just now, abdiwonderland said:

Pick the team you think will be nailed on for promotion when compare our starting eleven to theirs. I think we are easily a top 3/4 team. We just have to prove it. That's the hard part. 

That's a good start to building confidence back :D thanks mate seriously I try not to be as bothered but I'm seriously desperate for us to go up lol 

We've got the tools now, add to that more quality and hit the ground running, with a more ruthless approach to games and we will take some beating. Personally not impressed with the signings of Terry and Whelan eithe. 

I'd have my cake and eat it on recruitment.  We really don't need much. Equally, it's 5 July.  It's weeks too early to judge any team's recruitment.

Chance of automatic 15%. Chance of 3-6 finish 60%. Chance then of winning play off call its 25%.  So 30% chance go up 70% chance not.  

Ill accept the negs in advance for this.

Personally I don't think it matters who we sign. We had easily enough quality to win the playoffs last season, we just didn't have the management in place to utilise the potential.

This season will be no different. We'll be up there but Carlos hasn't got what it takes to take us up in my opinion.

Im hoping that someone throws this post back in my face at the end of the season when we've gained promotion.  

Very difficult to say if we will get promoted. I know it's a cliché that it is fine margins but it is true.

It will depend on injuries, how well we recover from the inevitable bad patch, do we get a few wins early, do we get all our new players in early or late. Just a few of the variables that affect every team. It could come down to the finest margin...does a player score or not in a penalty shoot out.

All you can do is cross your fingers and hope.

1 minute ago, poite said:

Ill accept the negs in advance for this.

Personally I don't think it matters who we sign. We had easily enough quality to win the playoffs last season, we just didn't have the management in place to utilise the potential.

This season will be no different. We'll be up there but Carlos hasn't got what it takes to take us up in my opinion.

Im hoping that someone throws this post back in my face at the end of the season when we've gained promotion.  

I hope so too , as you say he struggled to utilise last seasons players, i have doubts that he has the ability to integrate and make the best of any new signings, hope i am wrong too

I think Middlesbrough, Derby and Villa are shaping up very strongly. But the Championship is a very tough and unpredictable division. I could see some fancied sides not doing as well as people think also a couple of dark horses emerging (Brentford could be one of those to watch out for). 

On one hand it does look tough on paper but on the other hand, what gives me a lot of belief and optimism about our chances is that we have got stability and experience on our side. As long as we keep a hold of our best players, we have got a very good chance. Quite a lot of the other challengers have uncertainty hanging around them, new managers and lots of players leaving and brought in. We can capitalise upon that like Brighton last season, if we're smart.

32 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

Pick the team you think will be nailed on for promotion then compare our starting eleven to theirs. I think we are easily a top 3/4 team. We just have to prove it. That's the hard part. 

The problem with that is that our views are tainted by the blue and white specs, we have very absolute stand out players in our starting 11.

We have a team that is nearly there.

Maybe a slight tweak in tactics and 2-3 additions. I know CC said 4-5: maybe he was forcing DC's hand a bit.

Other sides need a big overhaul, we don't. Hence all the activity.

Look at the other play off sides. Reading are losing players. Fulham, not doing much.

Get that centre half and a Hutch upgrade and we're all set. Some pace as well, but don't hold your breath on that

I'd be pretty happy with the current squad we have now if the start of the season was tomorrow, don't forget, we have Hooper back which is practically a new player and also Abdi and Lee.

We just need to bring in one or two decent centre backs and we are good to go !

9 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

I'd be pretty happy with the current squad we have now if the start of the season was tomorrow, don't forget, we have Hooper back which is practically a new player and also Abdi and Lee.

We just need to bring in one or two decent centre backs and we are good to go !

Good point can't wait for abdi to get going my worry is that CC swaps and changes too much abdi might be overlooked