Promotion - we will be in the mix

I think personally we are in a fantastic position for a good push for automatic promotion next season......

i think we have a settled squad, with quality , squad morale and experience.....

There are not many teams, in the same bracket as us as big changes are going on with a lot of last years contenders and the teams relegated from the premier league

Sunderland - In turmoil, squad full of deadwood , big wages average players

Hull - See above, already lost their best players from last season 

Norwich - New manager, few signings, could go either way

Boro - I feel our main auto promotion rivals 

Leeds - unknown managed, feel they don't have the depth to replicate last year 

Aston Villa - Excellent squad on paper, if they click they will be top 2, but it's not as easy as that 

Derby - Just don't get their hype, nothing special 

Fulham - Think the media over egged them towards the back end of the season, not all that

Dark Horses - Brum, Wolves 

We have to take advantage this year, get off to a fast start, I may be optimistic, but this is the year we have to take full advantage and get promotion. 

We have a great squad on paper, a solid manager who I feel will take off the shackles, the best chairman we've had in the modern era who spends money ......few more astute signings and we must be close

and most important of all, the fans who follow us in our thousands home and away, through the bad and the good, we are always there and in some cases we can be the difference.

This is the year!!!

WAWAW 

(written under the influence of a few cans) 

We're joint 3rd favourites with Fulham & Norwich for a top 2 finish at 5/1.

Only Boro & Villa are shorter odds.

6th then 4th then 2nd seems like a natural progression for us. Think Boro will win it & Villa chairman will do something bonkers to scupper them.

Hundred quid going on us for 2nd spot.

:columbo:

One thing that's a must next season is a good start. We need to be in the top 3 or 4 after a couple of months for me to feel optimistic about our chances of automatic. I feel that the set up at Boro and the fact they also have Monk mean they are rightfully the ones to watch.

With the resources we have at our disposal and the fact that unlike most teams, we don't need a huge overhaul or restructure, we SHOULD be pushing for the top spots.  Villa are fancied because Bruce has had time to start planning this season since he arrived and they are improving and have parachute payments to fund him this summer.  Boro didn't overspend and kept the core of their promotion team and we know Monk is a good manager.

I think that if Fulham lose Cairney, they will struggle.

But we need to use Brighton as a template.  Missed out on playoffs but instead of overhauling everything, focus on fixing the weaker points and maintain team spirit and consistency.

I think if we do go up automatically, our best signing of the summer will be keeping Carlos.

I think I will wait until the transfer window is closed to really decide.

At the moment we are solid playoff contenders of course, but.. if the 4 or 5 players are of the quality we all want (like Snodgrass) then I'll jump on the auto train.

I strongly fancy us. There are no guarantees of course, it will be tough we know that and we know how unpredictable the division can be. But I think our chances are strengthened by giving Carlos another season, with stability and importantly keeping our best players. Yes, we need to strengthen but if we keep our star players, the less change we need. I mention this because the last couple of seasons we have had a lot of change and started slowly. I think we could emmulate Brighton last season. 

There might be teams that challenge unexpectedly. I reckon the likes of Brentford, Birmingham and Wolves could be dark horses. I expect Middlesbrough to be strong and the likes of us; Reading, Fulham, Derby and Villa to be up there too. A lot of other challengers face uncertainty, turmoil and change. So, as long as we remain stable, keep our best players and just bring in quality rather than quantity we have got a very good chance to get promoted.

In terms of the top 2 this is our best chance by far.Just have a feeling Monk might not do as well as many suspect.He seems very much an underdog manager and don't see him being comfortable as a front runner with Gibson near enough expecting promotion.

Too soon for Villa but Norwich will be main competitors for top 2 i think.

Hooper and Rhodes possibly the best frontline in the league.

Hutch,Lee,Abdi,Boyd etc could be the best midfield and if he stays Westwood one of the best keepers.Get the right defenders and we have every chance.No one wants the play offs again.