Injured players

Matthias will be fit until the end of summer and then the first chill wind will blow him over and he will be out till spring warms him up. Whoever we buy this summer will be injured in the first few games and Carlos will revert to the old guard for the rest of the season

35 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

How many regular first team players will be injured when the season starts? It always amazes me how many are. For what it's worth, I reckon about 3 or 4.

I'm going for 6 ,we know for sure matias and melo will be 2 of them abdi no3 who will be other 3

I reckon they will all be fit but then several players will get injured in the first few weeks, be give their own min preseason in October and never be seen again, Almen Abdi style. 

You can be sure Bannan will be definitely be fit for every game though. 

2 hours ago, stevewhiterose said:

How many regular first team players will be injured when the season starts? It always amazes me how many are. For what it's worth, I reckon about 3 or 4.

All back in a fortnight. 

40 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Just imagine what a difference season long fully fit Abdi and Mattias would make to our season.

Well I did say imagine.

Abdi, certainly.

Matias though - he's been pretty much injured since he arrived, so I still don't think we know if he's capable of performing at the this level week in week out.

5 hours ago, stevewhiterose said:

I wasn't being negative but simply making an observation.

Fair enough; maybe I misinterpreted your intention.

In answer to your musings, then: unfortunately, footballers get injured in training or fail to recover from long-standing injuries over the summer. It happens at clubs up and down the land, and we're no different.

Fingers crossed we don't suffer major injuries to several key players again this season, though.