New Captain

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

If as expected we finally sign a centre back, Glenn Loovens will probably be 3rd or 4th choice. I imagine he will still be club captain but we will need a new captain on the pitch.

I know Tom Lees oftens gets the nods in these situations, for me though the captain should be either Hutchinson or Westwood.

They are two of our most vocal and competitive players, lead by example and will have the respect of the dressing room.

Due to Hutchinson missing a few games here and there I think Westwood deserves to be club captain. The level of consistency he has shown over the past three seasons has been incredible. He has captained sides before, is a real leader and for me should be made permanent captain.

A midfielder is the best option, defender next. Never a goalkeeper, rarely an attacker.

Westwood is great but shouldn't be a captain.

Maybe someone we sign will be a good leader.

I would imagine if it's not Hutchinson, someone like Hooper or Bannan could be captain material.

When fit, they are going to be an integral part of how the team plays,so imagine will be on the pitch more than off it.

Plus, both seem to have the respect of the Manager & the other players, which is vital.

Edited by Hedwig

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, ArmyBarmy said:

Hate keepers being captain. They're not involved enough. Needs someone who's in the refs ear all game

Disagree.

More important for a captain to lead by example, rather then be in a ref ear all game (not leading by example).

Westwood is more then vocal enough to be heard on the parts of the pitch that matter when it comes to your captain.

8 minutes ago, ArmyBarmy said:

Hate keepers being captain. They're not involved enough. Needs someone who's in the refs ear all game

Didn't Wilko have Hodge as captain for a while? 

It's one of the best positions on the pitch to see what's going off. 

Edited by Rogers

4 minutes ago, Hedwig said:

I would imagine if it's not Hutchinson, someone like Hooper or Bannan could be captain material.

When fit, they are going to be an integral part of how the team plays,so imagine will be on the pitch more than off it.

Plus, both seem to have the respect of the Manager & the other players, which is vital.

I agree with Hooper being captain 

Edited by s6 owl

29 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

If as expected we finally sign a centre back, Glenn Loovens will probably be 3rd or 4th choice. I imagine he will still be club captain but we will need a new captain on the pitch.

I know Tom Lees oftens gets the nods in these situations, for me though the captain should be either Hutchinson or Westwood.

They are two of our most vocal and competitive players, lead by example and will have the respect of the dressing room.

Due to Hutchinson missing a few games here and there I think Westwood deserves to be club captain. The level of consistency he has shown over the past three seasons has been incredible. He has captained sides before, is a real leader and for me should be made permanent captain.

I wouldn't write off Loovens just yet, as a player and a captain  

Edited by AwokenGiant

Only problem with westy is he likes a row. So giving him the captain role might increase his propensity to row with other team mates if he thinks they arent doing something right. For that reason i would vote for Sam or Tom with westy taking up the vice captaincy.