Joe Palmer

5 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I'm not sure what he's doing but for his undoubtedly high salary he must have the easiest job in the world.

I can't see his job being easy. We've been fvcckked commercially for years. My guess it's more the hardest job in the world. Let's face it; he'll be a miracle worker if he turns us around commercially. 

1 hour ago, damianb1 said:

What specifically is his job and areas of responsibility? Is it purely strategic commercial development or all areas of commercial activity i.e club shop, merchandise kiosks?

He`s the odd job man . cleans the bogs, sweeps the car park and makes the tea 

6 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Think you 2 are missing my point. He was brought in to rejuvenate our commercial capability.

Ive not seen anything to suggest he's actually done anything yet 

But he might be doing loads but we're so fvcckked commercially that it will take time. There's not a "Commercial Success" button he can press or anything is there - it just doesn't happen instantly. 

16 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Think you 2 are missing my point. He was brought in to rejuvenate our commercial capability.

Ive not seen anything to suggest he's actually done anything yet 

I was thinking this today - what has actually happened on this front in the last two years?

I hope the 150 anniversary kit release timing is planned to maximise sales, but i'm tied of walking around sheffield looking at kids with new pig shirts.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-joe-palmer-aims-to-help-take-owls-to-the-next-level-1-8104772

Took a while to sort Shaktar out by sounds of it.

Given time he will sort us out too, he's got a very big job sorting all the past 20 years of failures out and cannot be expected to do it in one season. 

1 minute ago, tuttuttut said:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-joe-palmer-aims-to-help-take-owls-to-the-next-level-1-8104772

Took a while to sort Shaktar out by sounds of it.

Given time he will sort us out too, he's got a very big job sorting all the past 20 years of failures out and cannot be expected to do it in one season. 

It's been nearly a year - unless i'm missing something there's been no improvement at all.

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

No idea what he earns, or what he does. But if he works for DC and survives, he must be very good. 

Why?  I work for a hard taskmaster, yet he has no clue what I do or how I achieve it.   I could talk double dutch to him and he'd have to take it as gospel or hire someone to prove i'm talking giberish.   

Edited by salmonbones

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

It's been nearly a year - unless i'm missing something there's been no improvement at all.

Catering bought back in house, are we introducing a cashless system now too? 

There is probably a lot of stuff we don't know about or see and may still be in planning process. 

Things will take time. 

3 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

Catering bought back in house, are we introducing a cashless system now too? 

There is probably a lot of stuff we don't know about or see and may still be in planning process. 

Things will take time. 

hardly revolutionary and the latter was a need due to unaccounted money apparently.

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

No idea what he earns, or what he does. But if he works for DC and survives, he must be very good. 

Agree, I don't think anyone will underperform in a roll at our club and survive for any length of time, especially one that's so high profile.

I'm not dismissing the importance of the club store and merchandising in general but in terms of generating commercial revenue for our club there will be other more important revenue streams that required attention first.