Visibility of Stripes

Been talking to a retired head of an optometry department at a large hospital, who told me stripes are the most visible pattern in people's peripheral vision.

Perhaps someone should tell Mr Chansiri if we're looking to get any slight advantage over other teams.

Could it help influence him? I doubt it.

12 minutes ago, Oliver Cromwell said:

Been talking to a retired head of an optometry department at a large hospital, who told me stripes are the most visible pattern in people's peripheral vision.

Perhaps someone should tell Mr Chansiri if we're looking to get any slight advantage over other teams.

Could it help influence him? I doubt it.

Eeeeeeeerrh

19 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Life must be a fv.cking doddle in your world if you're worrying about fv.cking stripes on a football kit!!

Our fans are a set of fv.cking puffs!

12 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Wind yer neck in di.ckhead!

You're not a very "Happy Bunny" are you,   Finlux_Cup  ?

You could always share your problems with your "friends"on Owlstalk.

We may be able to help !

lol

29 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Life must be a fv.cking doddle in your world if you're worrying about fv.cking stripes on a football kit!!

Yeah, I've always been under the impression that Owlstalk was a forum where grizzly beer-swilling heterosexual men's men gathered to discuss weighty issues such as social stratification, gender inequality and the overpopulated prison system.

I can't believe we have posters wasting good bandwidth discussing football shirts. What do they think this is - a football forum!?

42 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

You'd have been alright at Isandlwana 

"private Finlux, save the colours" 

"well errr, I'm not really reyt fussed abaht em  to be honest, yer bunch o'..." 

"sergeant, shoot that man" 

3 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

What the fv.ck are you bletherin on about?

Yeah, I'm the one making little sense in this thread.

:duntmatter:

Anyway, don't mind me - it seems I'm just one of those 'f*cking puffs' who come on here to talk about things related to football. Like football shirts.

Sports science exists for a reason, get em told - we need stripes.

Your mate didn't mention the optimal width of the stripes did he?    A couple of inches, an Inch and a half?   Come on this is important!

Also, the exact shade of blue, we need an exact RGB - be precise!

Edited by salmonbones

Actually , if anyone remembers , Man U changed their grey shirts at ht when being battered by S'hampton one time and when coaching kids , an ex-player , now ex- coach and manager , suggested we change the dark green training bibs we had for a brighter colour 'cos it helps peripheral vision and players can spot their team mates more easily . So there's probably something in it .

We have an OWNER who doesn't like stripes.End of story! When we've put the amount of money into the club that he has, then we will be entitled to argue with him.

It's interesting to note the number of people who were wearing the 'hated' new colours last season. As for football shirts, I can see the point in youngsters having their club's up-to-date kit, it's what kids love to do, but to see the sight of thousands of middle-aged  (and older) men in stretched football shirts is not the most attractive sight. And incidentally, I prefer the stripes to last season's offering.  

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

We have an OWNER who doesn't like stripes.End of story! When we've put the amount of money into the club that he has, then we will be entitled to argue with him.

It's interesting to note the number of people who were wearing the 'hated' new colours last season. As for football shirts, I can see the point in youngsters having their club's up-to-date kit, it's what kids love to do, but to see the sight of thousands of middle-aged  (and older) men in stretched football shirts is not the most attractive sight. And incidentally, I prefer the stripes to last season's offering.  

I'd argue that in relative terms, someone who has supported the club from before the OWNER was born has invested more.