Who will score the most football league goals, Hirst or Hirst Jnr

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Though a Wednesday legend 124 goals in the football league isn't the great tally ever don't get me wrong I think it's excellent but it could've been better with more luck

Will young George do better?

Will you ever do better?

He either will or he won't... Insightful eh?

Think the majority of records such as this will not be broken. Players are that wealthy, they will retire early. The appearance and goals records in years gone by were driven by a necessity to keep playing. In reality, a Premier League player needs just a couple of average Premier League contracts to be set up for life. 

9 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Is this a roundabout about way of slagging David Hirst off

No

9 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Will you ever do better?

He either will or he won't... Insightful eh?

No and No

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Think the majority of records such as this will not be broken. Players are that wealthy, they will retire early. The appearance and goals records in years gone by were driven by a necessity to keep playing. In reality, a Premier League player needs just a couple of average Premier League contracts to be set up for life. 

I don't think it's an untouchable record by any stretch. To put it into context Harry Kane has already scored 92 FL goals, most in the PL

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

No

No and No

I don't think it's an untouchable record by any stretch. To put it into context Harry Kane has already scored 92 FL goals, most in the PL

Yes but Hirst is not quite Harry Kane is he.