30 wins a must

Not really a "must" 26 to 27 is usually enough to get top 2,

2013 cardiff went up with 25 wins 12 draws. (1st)

2014 burnley went up with 26 wins 15 draws (in 2nd)

2015 watford went up with 27 wins 8 draws   (in 2nd)

2016 burnley and middleboro with 26 wins

17 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Not really a "must" 26 to 27 is usually enough to get top 2,

2013 cardiff went up with 25 wins 12 draws. (1st)

2014 burnley went up with 26 wins 15 draws (in 2nd)

2015 watford went up with 27 wins 8 draws   (in 2nd)

2016 burnley and middleboro with 26 wins

So, we don't need 30 wins.  End of thread.

2 hours ago, jockolad said:

One more point than the third place team will do me.  Or is it 'one point more', suddenly realised that I have left myself open to ridicule from the grammar police.

Should be a question mark rather than a comma after "point".

You are welcome.

What I want to see at the end of this window, is a Wednesday squad that is expected to claim one of the two automatic places We don't have that now, and we didn't have it last year. This window is all about turning us from possible candidates, into probable candidates. We aren't far off, and we don't need too much, but those additions have to be the right additions

Of course you cannot guarantee an automatic place, but last year, Newcastle and Brighton must have thought, with hard work, and a bit of luck, we have the players to do this. Us, Huddersfield, Fulham and Reading may have thought it was possible, but Newcastle and Brighton were better equipped That has to be us this season

30 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What I want to see at the end of this window, is a Wednesday squad that is expected to claim one of the two automatic places We don't have that now, and we didn't have it last year. This window is all about turning us from possible candidates, into probable candidates. We aren't far off, and we don't need too much, but those additions have to be the right additions

Of course you cannot guarantee an automatic place, but last year, Newcastle and Brighton must have thought, with hard work, and a bit of luck, we have the players to do this. Us, Huddersfield, Fulham and Reading may have thought it was possible, but Newcastle and Brighton were better equipped That has to be us this season

I agree entirely with your sentiments and the no guarantees part in particular. 

I don't think that any team can look at themselves at the outset and think we are pretty much there let alone us.

We have a great chairman and an excellent coach/manager but even so we have to compete with at least 9 with 40million plus parachute payments and a raft of teams like us who are going for it. Wolves, Cardiff, Leeds, Derby, etc so that's at least 15 teams who on day one will think that they are there, or there abouts. 12 of those will be disappointed. 

This league is about bottle and application as much as footballing prowess. You have to win the battle before you can play. Every team in this league knows that so often the battle isn't won by either side. Consequence: boring safety first football. Fulham for all their goal scoring finished sixth as did we the previous season when we played adventurous football.

just don't expect miracles that's all.