2nd April Sunderland Away

7th April Fulham Home

10th April QPR Away

14th April Hull City Away

21st April Reading Home

28th April Wolverhampton Wanderers Away

6th May Norwich City Home

Not the easiest of run-ins.

How do you know how the season will pan out? These might be all near bottom of league by then? In any case the only tough ones there are Leeds Sunderland and hull all away

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

How do you know how the season will pan out? These might be all near bottom of league by then? In any case the only tough ones there are Leeds Sunderland and hull all away

Of course. You can't know how the season will pan out. Last season had Reading, Hudds, Leeds & Fulham all up at the top, and the previous season were in the bottom half.

However... simply based on last season, Leeds, Sunderland, Fulham, Hull, Reading & Norwich 'may' be tricky depending on whether they have a good transfer season. That's 6 potentially trick games out of the final 9 - a lot trickier than the season just passed.

Edited by Pulcinella

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

How do you know? Leeds, Sunderland and Hull might be near the bottom by then.

4 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Of course. You can't know how the season will pan out. Last season had Reading, Hudds, Leeds & Fulham all up at the top, and the previous season were in the bottom half.

However... simply based on last season, Leeds, Sunderland, Fulham, Hull, Reading & Norwich 'may' be tricky depending on whether they have a good transfer season. That's 6 potentially trick games out of the final 9 - a lot trickier than the season just passed.

I dont believe they'll be any surprises this year btw, except maybe Brentford doing well

Look on the bright side, if any of them are challenging we can take points off them.

Let them worry about us, we aren't a walk over these days. As fans I think we still have an under dog mentality caused by all the years of being rubbish. We need to forget that (not easy).

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Look on the bright side, if any of them are challenging we can take points off them.

Let them worry about us, we aren't a walk over these days. As fans I think we still have an under dog mentality caused by all the years of being rubbish. We need to forget that (not easy).

Good way of looking at it.

I started supporting Wednesday in the 3rd division in the 70s as a kid. It's hard to shake off that underdog mentality. Got to try harder - even if only for the sake of my kid.

If its a tough run in, I for one will be pleased. Having watched the Owls for 70 years, its the 'easy matches ' that always scare me. The better the opposition, the better we seem to play. For instance  last season - Newcastle and Burton,

23 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I never make predictions. And I never will