Steven Haslam

I like Steven. 

He's also from High Green and when I was younger, I played for Chap Juniors. 

Steven use to come and do our presentation nights and would stay for hours after answering all lads questions and telling us stories about players. 

He he was a decent player in some dark times. Glad to see him doing well for the academy and getting his promotion. 

9 minutes ago, Pod9 said:

I like Steven. 

He's also from High Green and when I was younger, I played for Chap Juniors. 

Steven use to come and do our presentation nights and would stay for hours after answering all lads questions and telling us stories about players. 

He he was a decent player in some dark times. Glad to see him doing well for the academy and getting his promotion. 

Can't agree with that, thought he was woeful, not his fault mind.

2 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Can't agree with that, thought he was woeful, not his fault mind.

To be honest I think we sold him up the river a lot. Was a lot better than we have him credit for, and he was a centre half but got played everywhere but there. Think with some decent management would have had a much better career than he did. As would some of the others in that dark time 

19 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

To be honest I think we sold him up the river a lot. Was a lot better than we have him credit for, and he was a centre half but got played everywhere but there. Think with some decent management would have had a much better career than he did. As would some of the others in that dark time 

absolutely , he never played in a good side and to make over 300 league games in his career  and still be involved in the professional game 20 years after turning pro  says plenty about the lad .

1 hour ago, Mountain Owl said:

Our academy needs sorting out. The grunters seem to have a better recruitment approach and are always one step in front of us. Lets hope Steve can improve our set up. Good luck.

Have you missed the fact our Under 23's have just been crowned champions?

played under 5 different managers and none of them ever saw enough in him to give him a run at centre half.

He wasn't competing against Maldini and Baresi for a spot in the team it was such footballing legends as Dean Smith, Ashley Westwood and Danny Maddix.

Mind things did pick up for the lad when we released him and the mighty Halifax Town picked him up.

He may well turn out to be the best academy manager we've ever had (and I hope he does) doesn't change the fact he was a w@nk player