Final season ticket deadline July 3rd. Why?

So, I've been reading the email about the new season ticket sale period and it makes it very clear that the 3rd of July deadline is the absolute final date season tickets will be one sale.

This seems so early and only leaves me wondering: Why?

It seems to me that there would be so much potential for extra season ticket sales after we bought a few good new players in July.

Imagine we had signed Rhodes in July last season, rather than January. Surely that would have boosted season ticket sales. What if we sign a couple of players that create a similar sense. of excitement? As it stands, we wouldn't be able to cash in on that excitement.

I'm sure there is some sort of clever reason I am missing, but I just don't get it.

1 hour ago, apswfcowl said:

Will be sold out before then anyway. Currently talking to SAG about putting away fans in the NW corner and letting us have all the Lepp!

lol its not april the 1st is it?

The sales haven't gone as well as they wanted is my source

18 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Id say this is more likely. Regardless of the play off failure, the matches were so dour last season, I cant imagine the floating fans saw much to whet their appetite to purchase one. 

By far the cheapest way to watch every Wednesday game is by getting a season ticket. I'm sure Mr Chansiri will be wanting a balance between number of season ticket holders and the number of POTG, who pay much more money to go to games. Suspect season tickets are going off sale in July as we'll be at the season ticket cap that was mentioned a while back.

Why is anyone worried about the ST Deadline? if you want a ST and have made up your mind,ffs BUY ONE. Don't bring up the old argument about 'can't afford it just now', the finance will take care of that. If you can't afford it now, you'll not be able to afford it later. If you are determined to watch, the club has done all it can apart from giving them away. If we want a team that will compete for promotion, the club will have to spend, and we all have to play a part in this. 

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

If you login online you can see availability, sales probably slightly down but should be near last seasons total come 3rd July. 

5 minutes ago, Steevo said:

Marketing. 

Put a deadline on and it creates purchase urgency with your buyer. 

Just like the waiting list bullocks. 

This.

Although I'm not sure what you'd call the marketing tactic behind the shirt's still being priced at £55 a pop a couple of weeks before we get a new one :baby:

3 hours ago, apswfcowl said:

Will be sold out before then anyway. Currently talking to SAG about putting away fans in the NW corner and letting us have all the Lepp!

I heard different

Apparently SAG are pushing for the Lepp, North, South and Kop to be closed, and home fans placed in the NW corner.

Obviously away fans are no longer welcome and we're going to have to play with 8 players due to concerns about an overcrowded pitch

7 minutes ago, Lee A said:

I heard different

Apparently SAG are pushing for the Lepp, North, South and Kop to be closed, and home fans placed in the NW corner.

Obviously away fans are no longer welcome and we're going to have to play with 8 players due to concerns about an overcrowded pitch

Heard away fans will be placed in the Look Local stadium in Stocksbridge. SAG still concerned with close proximity of away and home fans and have asked for half of Sheffield to be netted over.

Edited by Bassett's Allsorts

12 minutes ago, bradowl said:

If you login online you can see availability, sales probably slightly down but should be near last seasons total come 3rd July. 

just makes a mockery of the club making waiting lists lol

Edited by ViolaOwls

2 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

SAG still concerned with close proximity of away and home fans and have asked for half of Sheffield to be netted over.

Didn't happen,

They put Nuhiu in charge of segregation, but he couldn't find the net.

Sorry Adthe

I would image sales are few and far between at this stage, so rather than employ staff at the tills twiddling thumbs waiting for a customer, they put in a deadline so that staff can be moved to the sewing room to get some of those in-house shirts made.

2 hours ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

This.

Although I'm not sure what you'd call the marketing tactic behind the shirt's still being priced at £55 a pop a couple of weeks before we get a new one :baby:

I'd not buy one of them shirts if they were a quid each.

Shocking.

BRING BACK OUR STRIPES.

9 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Why is anyone worried about the ST Deadline? if you want a ST and have made up your mind,ffs BUY ONE. Don't bring up the old argument about 'can't afford it just now', the finance will take care of that. If you can't afford it now, you'll not be able to afford it later. If you are determined to watch, the club has done all it can apart from giving them away. If we want a team that will compete for promotion, the club will have to spend, and we all have to play a part in this. 

This thread isn't really about those of us who have renewed and those who do every season.

It is about those who sit on the fence who might be tempted by big signings in July.