Keeper situation

I get the impression Kean never has been and won't be in Carlos plans.  Like previous poster it was a strange signing even at the time.  He came probably thinking he'd be 2nd choice yet when Westwood and Wildsmith were injured he ended up on the bench with Dawson playing effectively making him 4th choice.  Dan Wallis has also been given a pro contract after a great season.  Wallis played a lot more for the U23s as well than Dawson and Wildsmith which is a bit strange really when at least one was always fit. 

Wildsmith played 4 U23 games, Dawson 7 and Wallis 15.

55 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Kean was another strange signing last summer, totally unneeded as Wildsmith had already proved himself as a safe pair of hands, with Dawson behind him 

Agreed. we dont need Kean . Frees up a wage now he`s gone. 

I thought the whole reason for getting Kean was to get Wildsmith and Dawson out on loan, they both need it, I agree Wildsmith is good enough to stay and be our backup, but he needs to be getting a full season under his belt somewhere, reckon he'd do really, really well in league one 

23 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

I thought the whole reason for getting Kean was to get Wildsmith and Dawson out on loan, they both need it, I agree Wildsmith is good enough to stay and be our backup, but he needs to be getting a full season under his belt somewhere, reckon he'd do really, really well in league one 

Something that isn't common knowledge is that the club refused loan offers for Dawson. Wycombe wanted him for half the season but we rejected it. 

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Kean was another strange signing last summer, totally unneeded as Wildsmith had already proved himself as a safe pair of hands, with Dawson behind him 

Not for me........he may prove so in time but still young and VERY inexperienced.    Needs a season long loan somewhere IMHO.

3 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Currently we have 4 keepers undoubtedly Westwood will be no.1 but do we think kean will be given chance as back up allowing wildsmith and Dawson out on loan ? Didn't do bad at Mansfield and will give the others much needed game time 

Just spoken to Carlos, this is what he told me:

" We are now a keeper club, we don't have to a seller anyone. We want to keeper the keeper and a keeper the  strikermen we keepered a lasta season. The chairman he a keeper me so i told him I a keeper plenty."

Hope that answers your question mate.

58 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Regarding wildsmith he needs to go on loan to a champ/lge1 team if he wants to be taken more seriously internationally he needs regular game time

He is too old from next season for U21.  Never won a cap but was in a few squads.  Missed out on upcoming European Championships.  Played once at U20.

Well Carlos is reputed to have stated that he requires three available keepers at the club, so is Kean cover just in case one of the first three has a tweak? Neither Wildsmith or Dawson appear to be unhappy with their respective lot, perhaps loans to lower divisions would mean SWFC subsidising their wages at clubs with inferior training and medical facilities, who knows?

55 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

important for Wildsmith to get out on loan somewhere

we need quality back up for Westwood, John Ruddy perhaps

Far too expensive for Championship back-up, even if he was prepared to take that role, which I very much doubt. Norwich moved himon to get him off the wage bill.