Grant Hanley and Daniel Ayala

Hanley much more realistic but would prefer Ayala. However I can't see Boro selling a top championship defender to a fellow championship rival especially with a new manager more than likely wanting to use Ayala. 

Just now, 1993swfc said:

Hanley much more realistic but would prefer Ayala. However I can't see Boro selling a top championship defender to a fellow championship rival especially with a new manager more than likely wanting to use Ayala. 

Think that depends who the "new" manager is,if Monk gets the gig i think he stays and plays,if that dufus Pearson gets it,he'll spaff cash on someone unexpected.

42 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Any manager of boro will not have a say in who they sell it all goes through steve gibson and thats why karanka fell out with him twice

Who was Gibson's partner last season, Ayala hardly started

Guest Bagarri
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Callum Chambers (Loan from Arsenal)

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Luke chambers-  so was he the lad from man utd? 

ayala played rb i believe a fair bit

Edited by stocksyuto

20 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Think that depends who the "new" manager is,if Monk gets the gig i think he stays and plays,if that dufus Pearson gets it,he'll spaff cash on someone unexpected.

Monk looks a certainty. But Ayala was one of the outstanding CBs when they won promotion the other season. Ben Gibson looks like he could be off so I'd be surprised if Ayala was let go to a rival although I'd put money on Monks first signing being Bartley. 

Hanley didn't play for Newcastle in this division so can't imagine for one second he's gonna do anything but rot in the reserves so would be much easier to sign. 

According to the article, Hanley has four years left on £45k/week. So if we take on his contract, with zero transfer fee, it'd cost us £9m. I'd say that's about the limit we should of pay. So Hanley needs to take a big pay cut and/or Newcastle need to cut their losses, significantly.

And if we were to give Hanley £45k, I hope the club are wary of the possible impact on other players in the squad.