I've really not missed football yet

I'm normally climbing the walls by this point in the closed season but I must admit that I've not at all missed watching the Owls yet. Maybe it has something to do with the disappointment of the play-offs. Who knows?!

Edited by shandypants

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I haven't missed it at all yet.  Only just recovered from that shitty play off defeat.  Will get more excited if I can get iFollow working though!!

When I was a kid - 1970's mind - the FA Cup and the European Cup final firmly signalled the end of the season and then - apart from the bi-annual excitement of the World Cup or Euro's for which England didn't always qualify - it was summer holidays and cricket through August . I just don't remember worrying about Wednesday during the close season. One or two signings, a bit of a build up around the time of friendlies and that was about it.

To be honest I'm still the same today. I had switched off within 24 hours of the play-off defeat. It was over, time to take a break. The internet has changed things of course but I still prefer the "old way". We should all chill out, take a break, have a few beers, get some sun, wait for things to take their course, and be all ready and refreshed for a new round of ultimate disappointment in around ten weeks time. 

Happy summer guys. 

Guest RocketOwl
7 hours ago, shandypants said:

I'm normally climbing the walls by this point in the closed season but I must admit that I've not at all missed watching the Owls yet. Maybe it has something to do with the disappointment of the play-offs. Who knows?!

Now you have said it, neither have I.

Awww bless. I weelly hope the bad misters score lots and lots of goals for you next year so you can be all warm and fuzzy inside again. 

4 hours ago, NHOwl said:

When I was a kid - 1970's mind - the FA Cup and the European Cup final firmly signalled the end of the season and then - apart from the bi-annual excitement of the World Cup or Euro's for which England didn't always qualify - it was summer holidays and cricket through August . I just don't remember worrying about Wednesday during the close season. One or two signings, a bit of a build up around the time of friendlies and that was about it.

To be honest I'm still the same today. I had switched off within 24 hours of the play-off defeat. It was over, time to take a break. The internet has changed things of course but I still prefer the "old way". We should all chill out, take a break, have a few beers, get some sun, wait for things to take their course, and be all ready and refreshed for a new round of ultimate disappointment in around ten weeks time. 

Happy summer guys. 

This...only I'm in my mid thirties.  Cricket and Rugby League for the summer although not a big follower of the Rugby.

I always know when the football season starts (along with the pile of dross that starts on ITV) its coming to winter and winter is always god awful and depressing.

disappointment of the whole season i think, mainly boring football and the frustrations of injuries and under performers but yet we still made the play offs, amazing really so we should be buzzing yet most seem quite sombre, sums up how our expectations have changed i guess, hope CC makes some shrewd  signings, changes the game approach especially at home and the likes of Hooper and Abdi can stay relatively injury free then we may get back that feel good factor.

I tell myself this....

BUT I still log into OT every day to check out the gossip, see if we have any signings and review all the rumours.....even watched part of a MLS game the other day....not missed it at all!!!!!

Are England playing on Saturday????

Can't wait for the fixtures to come out and start trying to watch the rubbish feeds of meaningless pre-season games.

New shirt, when it is available, and renewed optimism...God I miss it.....