O'Neill wants Westwood to leave

Pretty disgraceful comments for a national manager to make & put into the public domain:

"Westwood has been really patient waiting in the wings. I know Keiren well myself — a very talented goalkeeper.

Keiren is Keiren. I’ve known him for some time and personally I think, as talent goes, he has enough to play in the Premier League. No question about that. 

I want him to have the enthusiasm and ambition to do so. But that’s up to him. I like Keiren but he’s in a wee world of his own. 

Westwood is a top-class goalkeeper, a real natural talent. To go to the very, very top, you need not to just have natural talent but also drive, determination and everything else. 

If he keeps himself properly fit and doesn’t sustain serious injuries then goalkeepers can go for a fairly lengthy time. 

He’s highly-thought-of at Sheffield Wednesday; he’s done really well over the last couple of years there. His kicking, he pings the ball all over the pitch. He can place 50-yard balls to people. 

He’s a really fine goalkeeper and he’s actually a really good lad but he needs moving.”

O'Neil is up his own asss he think fa he's summat cause he's Ireland's manager haha Ireland haha I recon our first team would give them a game lol honestly Westwood plays in prem doesn't get look in moves to get regular first team still always behind Randolph no matter what. Then he even gives millwalls recently release keeper the nod before westy then has cheek to say that wtf really is he smoking can I have some haha. Westy is a proven quality stopper and doesn't get sniff ha really up yours O'Neil 

Edited by Lomas613

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

I wonder how often Westwood would get picked for his country if he was bench warming in the Premiership. He's done that before and that's why he came here.

My thoughts exactly...