Springett

Roland

des

dooley

waddle

fantham

pearson-maybe

sheridan

I bet hirst wont make it as the club have gone all mardy with whats happened recently.....poor if this is the case

Oh and lets not forget andy sinton:ph34r:

For as much as I admired Des and he was my first Football hero, I hope the club don't weight this too heavily towards players from the 90's.

I think if Des is classed as a club legend then you can put Sheridan and Waddle in the same category.  However, that would leave not that many spaces left for more 'older' legends such as; Tommy Crawshaw, Fred Spikesley, Andrew Wilson (HAS TO BE IN THERE), Blenkinsopp, Rimmer, Fantham etc

Looking at the list so far...

Nilsson

Springett

Walker

If Des is in there then there's a good chance Waddle, Sheridan and Hirst will be that leaves 4 spaces left.  Of course everyone's opinion will differ I just hope the 10 chosen are a fair representation of our 150 years.

As much as I love Des Walker (without a doubt the best centre-half to play for the club in my life-time), when I look back at some of the players who have played for the club since 1867, I really don't think he deserves to be on this dream scene.

It's all about opinions of course but the only 2 players I'd have in there from my time following Wednesday would be Nilsson and Hirst.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

As much as I love Des Walker (without a doubt the best centre-half to play for the club in my life-time), when I look back at some of the players who have played for the club since 1867, I really don't think he deserves to be on this dream scene.

It's all about opinions of course but the only 2 players I'd have in there from my time following Wednesday would be Nilsson and Hirst.

Hard to disagree (with the exception of Waddle - he'd be my third and final player from 1990 onwards).

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I think he's a worthy choice, this isn't supposed to be a Wednesday 11. Over 300 games played for us, and almost all of them in the Premier League. How many other centre backs have we had that played for England 59 times during their career with or without us.

Don't forget the idea of these Dream Scenes is to place players from different eras in a dressing room scenario together, it would be less effective if all of them were from 100 years ago.

5 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I think he's a worthy choice, this isn't supposed to be a Wednesday 11. Over 300 games played for us, and almost all of them in the Premier League. How many other centre backs have we had that played for England 59 times during their career with or without us.

Don't forget the idea of these Dream Scenes is to place players from different eras in a dressing room scenario together, it would be less effective if all of them were from 100 years ago.

Absolutely pal and it just goes to show how spoilt us Owls fans have been throughout the generations that we can argue over the merits of having a player of Des Walkers calibre in a dream 11.

I just think there's a danger of this side being dominated by players from the 90's when before that era the club has so much rich history which includes 4 league title wins.

Also I'm happy to be corrected but I think all of Des's England caps came before he joined Wednesday.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

Absolutely pal and it just goes to show how spoilt us Owls fans have been throughout the generations that we can argue over the merits of having a player of Des Walkers calibre in a dream 11.

I just think there's a danger of this side being dominated by players from the 90's when before that era the club has so much rich history which includes 4 league title wins.

Also I'm happy to be corrected but I think all of Des's England caps came before he joined Wednesday.

Yeah they did all come before he joined us. I agree about the 90's thing, I hope we don't see it too dominated by any era. I fully expect there will be at least one player from the current era, Semedo or Bullen. Are they worthy? I don't think so but if we want a spread of time it's hard not to really. Walker only takes us up to 2001 so disregarding the last 16 years is a large part of our history really even though it's been a disappointing time.  I think it will be Bullen.

42 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Yeah they did all come before he joined us. I agree about the 90's thing, I hope we don't see it too dominated by any era. I fully expect there will be at least one player from the current era, Semedo or Bullen. Are they worthy? I don't think so but if we want a spread of time it's hard not to really. Walker only takes us up to 2001 so disregarding the last 16 years is a large part of our history really even though it's been a disappointing time.  I think it will be Bullen.

Nobody from the last 16 years is worthy of being selected.  Harsh, but true.  I'm starting to worry that this will not reflect our rich history.  One of Fred Spikesley, Andrew Wilson or Ellis Rimmer should have been selected already.

11 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Nobody from the last 16 years is worthy of being selected.  Harsh, but true.  I'm starting to worry that this will not reflect our rich history.  One of Fred Spikesley, Andrew Wilson or Ellis Rimmer should have been selected already.

To be fair mate, we've only had 3 out of 10, surely the three you've mentioned will still come up? No need to 'worry' yet I don't think pal.

1960s legend Johnny Fantham is the 4th club legend added to the dream scene. Fantham is worthy of a place within the dream scene being our highest post war goalscorer and 2nd all time goalscorer. That's two legends apiece from the 90s and 60s. This is how it's shaping up so far http://www.jamiecooperartist.com/swfc/

Hopefully, we will have at least a couple from the club's most successful years? Surely the likes of Spiksley; Rimmer, Blenkinsop, Crawshaw and Andrew Wilson have to be included? 

37 minutes ago, Russy said:

Any guesses on the one to the left of him?

Capture.PNG

Ronnie Starling.

Six left - Starling is one of them - five others should be Crawshaw, Spiksley, Wilson, Blenkinsop and Cawley

No players from pre 1960 yet which is baffling