Roland Nilsson first player on the dream wall

2 hours ago, Russy said:

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/dream-scene-megson-makes-the-squad/

The next player in the Sheffield Wednesday Dream Scene is legendary left-back Don Megson.

During a 17-year career at Hillsborough, he made 442 appearances, scoring seven goals.

Don was a key part of the Owls side that finished Division One runners-up in 1961 and he captained Wednesday to the FA Cup final in 1966.

Although his side were defeated 3-2 by Everton at Wembley, Don became the first captain to lead a losing team on a lap of honour at the national stadium.

He becomes the latest player to join the iconic dressing room which Australian artist Jamie Cooper has been working on down under to celebrate the Owls’ 150th year.

CLICK HERE to see Jamie's behind the scenes blog.

The next player in the Sheffield Wednesday Dream Scene will be announced in one week! 

Check out a very youthful Howard Wilkinson on photo with Mr Megson

(Twiter)

If you read the original press releases, I think it can be construed that there might be more than 11 players in the finished painting? And looking at the artists other works, there could be trophies; mascots, managers and other people or things associated with the history of Wednesday, included in it too. If so, then there could yet still be a place for the likes of Waddle; Hirst, Sterland, Dooley, Crawshaw, Rimmer and Robinson, etc?

I remember nothing about the sixties, but my father always raved about Springett, Don Megson, Swann and Bronco Layne.

I'm pretty sure if my father was still here he would have approved, so I'm happy with this selection.

I hope Waddle is next, although I think it's more likely to be Dooley.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I remember nothing about the sixties, but my father always raved about Springett, Don Megson, Swann and Bronco Layne.

I'm pretty sure if my father was still here he would have approved, so I'm happy with this selection.

Same here. My Dad was proper pi55ed about DD getting the sack on Christmas Eve, was also let down by the betting scandal. I shudder to think what he'd make of modern football 

47 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

You're not much younger than me, Hoots, so I'm surprised you don't remember Springett and Megson........Megson particularly as he played until 1969.

Don Megson was our Beckenbauer, how he never played for England beggars belief.

I'm not sure about Dooley to be honest, especially with him having a statue at the stain.

He only played 60ish games, yes he scored 60 odd goals, but ......this might sound mean spirited, especially with him tragically losing a leg, but I think there are more deserving cases.

36 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

You're not much younger than me, Hoots, so I'm surprised you don't remember Springett and Megson........Megson particularly as he played until 1969.

Don Megson was our Beckenbauer, how he never played for England beggars belief.

My memory is awful, used to go regularly in the sixties with my dad and his brother too.  I remember names but that was about it. 

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

On 24/07/2017 at 12:59, owls maniac said:

Has to be Waddle and Hirst. Although I think there's a risk the club could be a little spiteful in regards to the latter. 

Tommy Crawshaw is on it - nobody mentions him but he won four trophies while with us and captained England. Our number one legend in my eyes. 

On 24/07/2017 at 12:57, owls maniac said:

There is going to be some seriously good players missing out. Imagine what the pigs scene would look like- Tony Currie and errr errr Alan Cork?

On their one there would only be room for a couple of players because Fatty Foulke and Porky Kenny would take up the majority of the space on the painting :ghoulguy:lol

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

4 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Tommy Crawshaw is on it - nobody mentions him but he won four trophies while with us and captained England. Our number one legend in my eyes. 

Quite a few of us have mentioned him along with the likes of Ellis Rimmer. I think there will be more than 11 players on the finished painting. Looking at the artists other works, he fits in trophies; managers, mascots and other significant things into some of his dream scenes. Even team images or famous scenes in the backgrounds too.

Plus, I think the earliest press releases mentioned there being more than 11. If so, I would think Waddle or Hirst will still feature along with the likes of Crawshaw; Rimmer, Jackie Robinson, Dooley or Clegg, etc.