Video-George Hirst  Start More For Sheffield Wednesday F.C.Next Year? 

I would get rid of two strikers and bring young Hirst through. Give him game time in the cups and in games when we are winning two or three So less pressure. We are going for the top two this year so I think these will be the only chances he gets for now.

Give him 6 months to Bolton wanderers or something.. see how he cuts it in the championship. If he's doing ok give him till the end if season... if he's on fire bring him back.

I was thinking about teams that came up from league one... but millwall a no no.. and pigs... not a chance.

If Bolton didn't want to take him on then league one. Donny or something, not to far.

Edited by MrTacoSWFC

I hope he goes out on Loan somewhere, Lincoln City in League Two would be perfect.

They play good football and have 2 really good managers (Cowley Brothers, Manager and Assistant), who work well with young players.

17 minutes ago, trev said:

I hope he goes out on Loan somewhere, Lincoln City in League Two would be perfect.

They play good football and have 2 really good managers (Cowley Brothers, Manager and Assistant), who work well with young players.

Me and my old man have spoken about this many times and he used to come from Lincoln then moved here and started suppporting us 30 odd year ago  and he says either there or Oldham would be the best place for him 

says he's light in duels and needs work heading but on the ball and finishing as clinical or better than his father, just needs that proper game were there are nasty fouls and crowds on your back to toughen him up and get him ready but then again I imagine the club have a plan and bullen said there is no better place for him so we'll have to wait and see 

2 hours ago, MrEdwards said:

Get him on loan to league one somewhere he'll start for this season, needs more game time than we will offer

I think it's gone past that pal, if he scores a few more this tournament we have to give him game time, otherwise he's gone.

Edited by soldierboyblue

39 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I think it's gone past that pal, if he scores a few more this tournament we have to give him game time, otherwise he's gone.

I agree. If you're good enough, it doesn't matter if you're young. Rooney, Owen, Beckham et al.

We've a golden opportunity to give the lad  game time and ease him into the squad.

I for one want Hirsty to remain an Owl for a very long time. I can't remember when we've had such exciting potential in our youth team. If we don't start easing him into the squad he'll go the way of other youth team players and go elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

I agree. If you're good enough, it doesn't matter if you're young. Rooney, Owen, Beckham et al.

We've a golden opportunity to give the lad  game time and ease him into the squad.

I for one want Hirsty to remain an Owl for a very long time. I can't remember when we've had such exciting potential in our youth team. If we don't start easing him into the squad he'll go the way of other youth team players and go elsewhere.

Agree 100% he could offer us something very different and let's face it deserves his chance after proving he wants it all season.

2 hours ago, trev said:

My choice would be Peterborough, they have decent facilities and a track record of bringing youth through.

13 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

when the manager thinks hes ready for the championship he"ll put him in the team. Its a big step from where hes playing now

49 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

when the manager thinks hes ready for the championship he"ll put him in the team. Its a big step from where hes playing now

In an ideal world I agree. However, CC's yet to prove his decision making is ideal.

51 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

Let's face it if Big Dave is ahead of him in the pecking order we need to be asking why, he should be in the match day squad to gain that experience to further his development.

3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Let's face it if Big Dave is ahead of him in the pecking order we need to be asking why, he should be in the match day squad to gain that experience to further his development.

Hear hear. Hooper, Rhodes, Fletcher and Winnall are ahead of Hirsty. He deserves to be given the chance to be ahead of Nuhiu and Joao.

23 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

he"d be better off on loan in league 1 playing competetive football against seasoned defenders. If he can impress there, by all means recall him to our 1st team squad

1 hour ago, 1963owl said:

he"d be better off on loan in league 1 playing competetive football against seasoned defenders. If he can impress there, by all means recall him to our 1st team squad

I don't agree - we need to ensure he's given opportunities here or he, will slip between our fingers and quite possibly be the biggest transfer mistake sine we let Di Canio go for peanuts.

Can't help feeling that he would be mauled and eaten by most defenders in the Championship, looks very frail compared to his father, even compared to Joao he looks slight.

Maybe send him out on loan and if he proves his worth (and me wrong) bring him back after Christmas and let's see what he's got.