Fletch and Hoops

I'd get rid of both.

Good players, battlers, not prolific enough, sell both, have us working around Rhodes and getting some service to him. Signed for 10 mil, work your system around him and get him service, do everything you can to get him scoring 20 goals.

Fletch and Hoops give you an unnecessary decision to make because of their name and work rate and link up play. No way near prolific enough. We play in front of teams because we play to strikers who look for little touches off to other players or little knock downs. 

Get us playing our strikers through, more exciting and more effective than playing it round for 90 mins not really going through the lines. 

Work team around Rhodes and get Nando on the left. 

Sign a winger for the right, someone top draw, and OBVIOUSLY play all 3 of Lee Bannan and Hutch in a central 3.

We either trust Winnal and Joao or not and if we do these should be the two on the bench. 

Guest caliban

Fletcher can go but not Hooper - it's no coincidence his return at the end of the season was at the beginning of a 6 match winning streak and his departure put a huge dent in our playoff chances. 

2 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Fletcher is so isolated in our system it's a wonder he scored as many as he did. Add some pace and some width to our midfield and both will look different class.

Fletcher has never been prolific to be honest, but his contribution at the back end of the season tells you his worth. I definitely wouldn't be looking to move him on.

Rhodes doesn't play as a lone striker, it's not his game, Hooper was prolific enough last season and like Rhodes has scored goals wherever he's been apart from a bad spell at a crap Norwich side in the premier. I do agree with playing FF on the left though and don't rate Joao. For me. We concentrate on getting a Hooper /Rhodes partnership going with either Fletcher or Sam on the bench and get rid of Joao and Matais as it just hasn't worked out for them here. 

15 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Fletcher is so isolated in our system it's a wonder he scored as many as he did. Add some pace and some width to our midfield and both will look different class.

Agreed, Flecther like Rhodes has a very specific game and you have to play to his strengths if you want him to get goals.

He's absolutely superb in the air so for him to do well we need to produce a constant supply of aerial balls into the box.

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Rhodes doesn't play as a lone striker, it's not his game, Hooper was prolific enough last season and like Rhodes has scored goals wherever he's been apart from a bad spell at a crap Norwich side in the premier. I do agree with playing FF on the left though and don't rate Joao. For me. We concentrate on getting a Hooper /Rhodes partnership going with either Fletcher or Sam on the bench and get rid of Joao and Matais as it just hasn't worked out for them here. 

So you would drop Bannan? Insane.

10 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Partly agree, but I would give Joao and Matais a pre season and see how they go for the first half dozen games.