Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton,

Ok so what do these teams have a common?......... apart from the fact that they all begin with B.......... let me explain 

Bournemouth - Smashed the league under Howe once he had sussed what was required to be promoted.

Burnley - Dyche already knew what what was required and built his team to run the marathon

Brighton - After 2 hard seasons, Hughton finally got the formula right.....

But what's the formula?.....

1.4-4-2

2.Consistent and Regular back 4

3.Two solid centre midfielders with 2 players on either side that cut in from the line.

4. One link man one quick man up top and one of them into the 20+ goals 

Solid backbone and a tough chin are the fundamentals to success in this league.

M.Richie, Arter, Surman, Pugh

OR

Knockheart, Stephens, Sidwell, Murphy

OR

Boyd, Barton, Marney, Arfield

See where I'm going with this.......

That midfield is very similar !!!

Here's what we need

Defence - Hunt, Lees, New CB, New LB

Midfield - Wallace, Lee, New CM, New LM

Strikers - Hooper, New striker (Pace)

5 absolutely correct signings could turn us into Title Contenders.

So who are the right players for us.....

CB - Tarkowski (Burnley)

LB - Mings Loan (Bournmeouth)

CM - Barton (Burnley) 

LM.- Pugh (Bournemouth)

ST - T. Abraham on Loan (Chelsea)

All the above are affordable but it depends on how much we have to spend but we may have to because the recruitment hasn't been based on building a team like this so far and a think a fair few will leave including Forestieri 

We need to be consistently solid not flashy not 1 touch 2 touch just solid and run the marathon.

........ Just my opinion 

Just now, Retford_Owl said:

Ok so what do these teams have a common?......... apart from the fact that they all begin with B.......... let me explain 

Bournemouth - Smashed the league under Howe once he had sussed what was required to be promoted.

Burnley - Dyche already knew what what was required and built his team to run the marathon

Brighton - After 2 hard seasons, Hughton finally got the formula right.....

But what's the formula?.....

1.4-4-2

2.Consistent and Regular back 4

3.Two solid centre midfielders with 2 players on either side that cut in from the line.

4. One link man one quick man up top and one of them into the 20+ goals 

Solid backbone and a tough chin are the fundamentals to success in this league.

M.Richie, Arter, Surman, Pugh

OR

Knockheart, Stephens, Sidwell, Murphy

OR

Boyd, Barton, Marney, Arfield

See where I'm going with this.......

That midfield is very similar !!!

Here's what we need

Defence - Hunt, Lees, New CB, New LB

Midfield - Wallace, Lee, New CM, New LM

Strikers - Hooper, New striker (Pace)

5 absolutely correct signings could turn us into Title Contenders.

So who are the right players for us.....

CB - Tarkowski (Burnley)

LB - Mings Loan (Bournmeouth)

CM - Barton (Burnley) 

LM.- Pugh (Bournemouth)

ST - T. Abraham on Loan (Chelsea)

All the above are affordable but it depends on how much we have to spend but we may have to because the recruitment hasn't been based on building a team like this so far and a think a fair few will leave including Forestieri 

We need to be consistently solid not flashy not 1 touch 2 touch just solid and run the marathon.

........ Just my opinion 

A well researched post and you make a strong argument.  But the FF is a load of codswallop (what exactly is codswallop?)

Just now, marcx666 said:

you do realise that A barton is a free transfer after he was released, and B is banned for 18 months, right? 

Plus Abraham will be in the lower prem

Haha yeah just realised be to be honest it's the type of player we need 

Perhaps Jones could do that job but I'm not convinced 

To leave out FF, Rhodes, Reach and Abdi equates to around £20m of expenditure over the last 18 months. This wouldn't reflect well on our transfer policy, unless we re-coup it and invest correctly. 

Good idea in theory but Tarkowski will probably be first-choice with Ben Mee next season and Barton is banned for 18 months - you also did not mention that Dave Jones was an almost ever-present midfielder in when we finished as runners-up in 2013/14 and champions in 2015/15.

My only other gripe is that Burnley are not like Bournemouth who - backed by their Russian super billionaire - "cheated" their way to promotion by flagrantly ignoring the FFP rules, which they later admitted. They spent £30 million on wages alone when their entire income that season was £12 million.

Just now, ReluctantNicko said:

Good idea in theory but Tarkowski will probably be first-choice with Ben Mee next season and Barton is banned for 18 months - you also did not mention that Dave Jones was an almost ever-present midfielder in when we finished as runners-up in 2013/14 and champions in 2015/15.

My only other gripe is that Burnley are not like Bournemouth who - backed by their Russian super billionaire - "cheated" their way to promotion by flagrantly ignoring the FFP rules, which they later admitted. They spent £30 million on wages alone when their entire income that season was £12 million.

And do you think the Burnley fans are moaning about that. They are financially safe and are now sound in the premiership 

I don't care if we have to beg steal and borrow we need to get out of this league and how I've explained it is obviously working....... 

1 minute ago, ReluctantNicko said:

I am happy we stayed up and think Brighton deserve to go up but Bournemouth would still be in League One if they had stuck to the rules. I am NOT happy that they are about to give Defoe a £20 million three-year deal.

If they were proper rules though there would be serious punishment i would say they are more guidelines not to be taken to the extreme.

10 hours ago, Stoop said:

Tammy Abraham would be my number 1 target this summer, on loan of course 

Obviously he would be number one in theory but I'm pretty sure he will go to Brighton on loan. If not other teams in the premier league including the one that's just shown us how to tackle a play off campaign will be ahead of us in the queue.

Edited by james o connor