Which one hurt the most?

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

So in Carlos first two seasons we have made the playoffs twice but which season left you more dissapointed?

For me it's the season just gone. It was such a fantastic chance to get promoted. I can't help but think bad we played like we did in Carlos first season we would have done it. The fact we also lost on pens and then I saw a very poor reading side in final hammered home what a wasted opportunity it was.

Huddersfield played us 4 times in 90minutes this season and didn't win once, losing twice. It's very frustrating.

I hope Chansiri told Carlos in that meeting to attack attaxk attaxk nest season.

Why can't we play like we did against Brighton in the playoffs at home every game? I don't care if teams know how we play - the best teams don't hangs they just know they will win. We should come out every home game and aim to be winning 2-0'at HT - why wait till second half like so many times. It's easier to get the lead and defend then other away around.

I like that we have stability and I'm happy Carlos stayed. I hope he can find the balance between his first two seasons.

One thing I noticed last season was how few black players we have. In 2012 they did a survey and 1/3 of Premier League players were black. So you would assume around 5 players in any given matchday squad would be black.

If I recall right in that last game we had no black players in the squad - and have very few in the whole squad of potential first teamers. And of the ones we had two were out on loan, one was ostracised and one found religion. 

An interesting statistical aberration taking us accidentally back to pre-Tony Cunningham days. 

Gutted , but nowt like the long train journey back from Wembley.

Splashed out on 1st ever season tickets in early bird , thought I'd got a bargain for prem. , but still not as gut wrenching as the 1st loss , but hey , I've got ringside seats now , for the Anniversary season.

OUR SEASON.    UTO

Guest RocketOwl
36 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

This season just gone.

It felt like a let down.

After Wembley we all told ourselves we'd come back stronger, we'd make it next season...

That didn't happen though did it. 

Not really in many ways but then in other ways lots of teams have terrible seasons after a playoff final defeat and we actually achieved more points. That's the frustration.

Guest RocketOwl
30 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

One thing I noticed last season was how few black players we have. In 2012 they did a survey and 1/3 of Premier League players were black. So you would assume around 5 players in any given matchday squad would be black.

If I recall right in that last game we had no black players in the squad - and have very few in the whole squad of potential first teamers. And of the ones we had two were out on loan, one was ostracised and one found religion. 

An interesting statistical aberration taking us accidentally back to pre-Tony Cunningham days. 

I have noticed this too. Not sure what your point is mind lol 

Just now, RocketOwl said:

I have noticed this too. Not sure what your point is mind lol 

There isn't one really - if there was it would be too horrendous to contemplate - it's just quite interesting and unusual. 

The black players in the Huddersfield team - were the ones who gave them athleticism and pace but white players can be athletic and quick too. So I'm not saying it cost us. It just struck me when we played some of the later games in the season how unusual it was. 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

There isn't one really - if there was it would be too horrendous to contemplate - it's just quite interesting and unusual. 

The black players in the Huddersfield team - were the ones who gave them athleticism and pace but white players can be athletic and quick too. So I'm not saying it cost us. It just struck me when we played some of the later games in the season how unusual it was. 

Bet they have huge d**** too. 

Edited by don'tCallMeOwlCallYo

Guest RocketOwl
11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I was going to mention about the pace but didn't know if it was appropriate lol 

This season was a total let down. We finished 4th which is a good achievement on paper, but that 6 game winning streak at the end really papered over a lot of gaping cracks. 

In truth we were probably one of the worst 'footballing' sides in the division. Just a team of individuals with no clear and concise style of play. We were quite effective in grinding out results, but it was mostly god-awful and thoroughly boring to watch.

So yeah, this season as a whole was the most disappointing for me, but at the same time I don't have a short memory and realise how far we have come in such a short amount of time. Still feel like we are unbelievably lucky to have Chansiri as a chairmen, and I have total faith in him to get us into the Prem very soon. 

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:

This season was a total let down. We finished 4th which is a good achievement on paper, but that 6 game winning streak at the end really papered over a lot of gaping cracks. 

In truth we were probably one of the worst 'footballing' sides in the division. Just a team of individuals with no clear and concise style of play. We were quite effective in grinding out results, but it was mostly god-awful and thoroughly boring to watch.

So yeah, this season as a whole was the most disappointing for me, but at the same time I don't have a short memory and realise how far we have come in such a short amount of time. Still feel like we are unbelievably lucky to have Chansiri as a chairmen, and I have total faith in him to get us into the Prem very soon. 

Only Sheffield Wednesday fans could say a 6 game winning run papered over the cracks lol 

We performed very well in some of them games such as Derby and.Newcastle:

It was more that we had Hooper during that spell.

Guest Coyt
5 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Only Sheffield Wednesday fans could say a 6 game winning run papered over the cracks lol 

We performed very well in some of them games such as Derby and.Newcastle:

It was more that we had Hooper during that spell.

Well he's right in what he says, many performances did paper over the cracks. You can probably count on one hand the amount of games we actually played well, which for a promotion chasing team is quite frankly shocking. It was absolutely awful to watch this season, and I just hope CC has another trick up his sleeve.

6 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Whats your point??