Hutch has a great cross on him

Has anyone else noticed that Hutch has a great right foot cross on him?

He did one in the playoffs but I also saw an old Chelsea game where he played on the right. He whipped in a cross for a great goal. The playoff cross was just as good.

Just quietly I'm not sure what his best position is. Is he really big enough for CB? Or even the monster CM every one talks about?

What about as a RM who can move centrally if required? It's not like our wingers break with pace anyway.

Unfortunately I can't find any vids of his crosses to show, but they are really nice. Someone find some can you??

I once saw an old picture from one of the rags showing the predicted team for a future World Cup. And he was in it at right back. Not throwing another position in. Just can't sleep so keeping myself occupied lol

4 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

I once saw an old picture from one of the rags showing the predicted team for a future World Cup. And he was in it at right back. Not throwing another position in. Just can't sleep so keeping myself occupied lol

He's apparently always seen himself as a right back IIRC. He's really not big enough to be a CB imo.

When you see Hunt's work-rate it's inconceivable that Hutch could do this and last until September.

In a 442 he should only ever play CB.

If Carlos changes system he could play as a third CB, or sat in front of the defence (which is what he does anyway, leaving BB as a one-man band).

Edited by Holmowl

If Hutch played on the wing he'd get sent off every game he played. His best role is defensive midfielder who drops back into a back 3 to allow others to push on. 

The main reason we failed this season is trying to fit square pegs into round holes, we can't make the same mistake again. Carlos is going to have to work out his best player for each position and stick with it until injuries/suspension and then replace only like for like.

We have to accept that Hutchinson needs to drop back to CH.  CC moving him to CM this season demonstrated that we got our summer recruitment wrong.  

We cannot afford to make the same mistakes as last summer.  Hutchinson is the CH we all talk about, ball playing, aggressive, quick.  If he play 40+ games at CH he would be worth 10m plus.  For the longevity of Sam's career and to assist him getting through a season he needs to be at CH.

What we should be looking at is who replaces him in the middle of the park.  The other thread on Danny Williams is a perfect example of the type of player we need in there.  We need someone who can add the physicality and athleticism to the centre of the park.  

It is critical we start the season with more than Hutchinson who can do that role in the centre of midfield.

This time last year, CC said Hutch would be playing at CH for the forthcoming season; presumably due to the injury risks and how he wanted the team set up. He then moved him as we were getting over run in midfield and we didn't have a proper replacement.

To go into the new season with Hutch penciled in into one of the centre midfield positions suggests something has changed from this time last year, and must reflect an improvement on his injury risk prospects.

A partially fit Hutch is no good to the team, as we saw in the home semi as it totally unbalances the side. This issue really needs sorting out, and we appear resigned to shoehorning him into a position that prolongs his shelve life. I hope we don't resort to this as we could live to regret it.

7 hours ago, Spacehooch said:

He did one in the playoffs but I also saw an old Chelsea game where he played on the right. He whipped in a cross for a great goal. The playoff cross was just as good.

Just quietly I'm not sure what his best position is. Is he really big enough for CB? Or even the monster CM every one talks about?

What about as a RM who can move centrally if required? It's not like our wingers break with pace anyway.

Unfortunately I can't find any vids of his crosses to show, but they are really nice. Someone find some can you??

Play him at cb or not at all . Winning run coincided with hooper coming back but more to do with Hutchinson being out in my opinion.  Plays too deep in midfield 

35 minutes ago, 12345 said:

Play him at cb or not at all . Winning run coincided with hooper coming back but more to do with Hutchinson being out in my opinion.  Plays too deep in midfield 

Bannan plays just as deep as Hutchinson. 

8 hours ago, Spacehooch said:

Not so much his crossing, as his long passes and crossfield balls.

Took few set piece deliveris for us this season with varied results.