The hilarious changes in opinion on players

39 minutes ago, shandypants said:

So who do we think will be this year's signing that the OwlsTalk masses definitely don't want "because he is gash" but is hailed as a "quality signing" when we buy him? 

It seems to have happened in reverse with Rhodes, but back to your question, I'd wager it will be Hanley

Don't know but poor old Pudil was a great permanent signing / then sh 1t / a waste of money / then playing fantastic as part of a solid back 4 / then back to crap and single-handedly costing us promotion, according to the concensus on here.

Meantime Carlos struggles again to point out that we win as a team, and we lose as a team, and it's not about singling out individuals, who will all have good weeks and bad, at different points of the season.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The Ince thread is an amazing example.

If we buy him, he is a cert to be a fan favourite, but right now he is arogant, inconsistent and not for us.

but this is a problem when people criticise owlstalk, some people read it as though we have one collective opinion. You're hearing differing views its not like its a bipolar fan changing his mind all of the time.

11 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Don't know but poor old Pudil was a great permanent signing / then sh 1t / a waste of money / then playing fantastic as part of a solid back 4 / then back to crap and single-handedly costing us promotion, according to the concensus on here.

Nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

but this is a problem when people criticise owlstalk, some people read it as though we have one collective opinion. You're hearing differing views its not like its a bipolar fan changing his mind all of the time.

Exactly.

7 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Lewis mcgugan happened in reverse too. Everyone was happy to sign him, something goes off behind the scenes and all of a sudden he's not good enough, doesn't train, doesn't like football anymore etc etc. 

Said in the McGugan thread, I'd prefer to get him fighting fit, and involved in the squad again for next season. He's a top quality Championship player. He and Carlos should sort out their differences. McGugan can be a matchwinner on his day, and he needs help to get his head right, and get back on track.

17 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You need to submit to the Owlstalk hive mind.

Nonconformists will not be tolerated.

:duntmatter:

23 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Fair point.

Though, without going back thru 10,000 threads, I am sure Rhodes has gone from God to Dog in 23 games, from the same posters.

I think someone ought to make a strenuous effort this morning, to instigate a divide, to prove bi-polarism on here.

Then we can spend the rest of the summer arguing the to ss rather than watching grass grow.

Edited by theowlsman

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I think someone ought to make a strenuous effort this morning, to instigate a divide, to prove bi-polarism on here.

Then we can spend the rest of the summer arguing the throw rather than watching grass grow.

could do a spreadsheet, 

if you make an opinion it gets logged

and people can refer back to it

it will be like politics

I guess there is always a little bit of "hoping we can do better" when we are chasing a particular player Then comes the realisation that we can't and you start to look for positives in the signing When it works the other way, it's perhaps harder to explain

Edited by gurujuan