New Kop - Mock Up

Guest Grez Bez

Guest Grez Bez

I have knocked up an image (On SketchUp) of how I think the kop could look if we were to build back to Penistone Road and take the height to the top of the south stand. It's also extended above the directors car park and meets the South Stand.......

There is a VAST amount of space there that we could use for facilities/ office / corporate / whatever you can think of.

I am by no means artistic so go easy on me :rolleyes:. I've done it purely out of boredom!

Thoughts welcome.

Not sure if the images show it but the middle is a timeline of images showing our history; I chose these randomly so I'm sure there are far better choices.......

Note: I also did a version where the blue is grey; I think that would look more sustainable in real life and happy to share if anyone cares...

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

Edited by Grez Bez

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, daztheowl said:

Where's mi pool and cabana deck ?

I'm not that skilled mate but all for it!

Like the idea and looks nice and modern but there are two issues with it 

the kop is one of the only stands that Dosent really need redeveloping just repairing 

New cladding or paint 

take out pillars 

wider gangways

apart from that it's pretty good and atmosphere wise it's rather good too but still like the idea of filling out the space were all the grass/ trees are 

20 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Would look good and give some areas that could be used to raise revenue on non-match days. Funnily enough I was driving past today with the wife and told her we are the only club with a tree inside the stadium lol

I only noticed that bugger against Huddersfield. Iv had a st since 2006 in kop lol

1 hour ago, LSOwls said:

I have knocked up an image (On SketchUp) of how I think the kop could look if we were to build back to Penistone Road and take the height to the top of the south stand. It's also extended above the directors car park and meets the South Stand.......

There is a VAST amount of space there that we could use for facilities/ office / corporate / whatever you can think of.

I am by no means artistic so go easy on me :rolleyes:. I've done it purely out of boredom!

Thoughts welcome.

Not sure if the images show it but the middle is a timeline of images showing our history; I chose these randomly so I'm sure there are far better choices.......

Note: I also did a version where the blue is grey; I think that would look more sustainable in real life and happy to share if anyone cares...

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

Excellent attempt.. Very tidy... Even the empty exec boxes are very realistic facing out onto penistone road

Guest Grez Bez
35 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

so is it basically built over the current open air concourse behind the turnstiles?

Yeah.Built to where the turnstiles now stand.

43 minutes ago, Owl14 said:

the kop is one of the only stands that Dosent really need redeveloping just repairing 

New cladding or paint 

take out pillars 

wider gangways

apart from that it's pretty good and atmosphere wise it's rather good too but still like the idea of filling out the space were all the grass/ trees are 

You tell no lies, but my god there is so much room for not just improvement but extra ability to sell to a crowd.     I never go down at half time, unless you want to miss the last five minutes of a game you won't get served.   The amount of space available to utilise is unbelievable.   

A torn to the ground and rebuilt kop, taking away the iconic mound (but rebuilding it the same) could give an awesome amount of extra revenue year on year.    Extra toilets, extra boxes (if we don't out price them, that is!) etc.     

Not to mention if the land opposite HAS been bought by the club, an overhead passage to exit the ground into a multi storey carpark, to restaurants, to other facilities.

1 hour ago, Owl14 said:

New cladding or paint 

take out pillars 

wider gangways

Taking out the pillars isnt " a repair" . It would require a whole support structure to be built over the Kop roof. 

Major surgery 

29 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

All the scruffbags will have to stand in the road to smoke.

Seriously this looks great and im embarrassed by the back of the kop and some of the people that go there.saw someone weeing in the sink before the hudds match..

A few years ago i saw  a 'big mac' steaming away in the sink on the Kop toilets,

Toilets must have been full or  blocked so he must have decided  to drop em and  block the sink with a Brad Pitt!

3 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Would look good and give some areas that could be used to raise revenue on non-match days. Funnily enough I was driving past today with the wife and told her we are the only club with a tree inside the stadium lol

That old chestnut!

1 hour ago, eguin said:

A few years ago i saw  a 'big mac' steaming away in the sink on the Kop toilets,

Toilets must have been full or  blocked so he must have decided  to drop em and  block the sink with a Brad Pitt!

Just given me a great idea for a book.