Grant Hanley

Newcastle paid big money for him and he was absolute gash so spent most of the rest of the season in the reserves.

On a free to replace Sasso would be fine but id hate to see us spend a big part of the budget on him

1 minute ago, BigOwl said:

Newcastle paid big money for him and he was absolute gash so spent most of the rest of the season in the reserves.

On a free to replace Sasso would be fine but id hate to see us spend a big part of the budget on him

He's just a lump.

38 minutes ago, BigOwl said:

Most Newcastle fans said he did well on the few occasions he played, he just had players in his position, who were playing better. I wouldn't mind him here, he's exactly the sort of player we need. Now, if we could find a similar player abroad, but with Sasso's ball skills, then that's a different matter. 

I rated Hanley when he was at Blackburn and I was surprised when some of their fans said they were glad he left. But I expect they are feeling now that having him in their defence was better than being relegated. 

I wouldn't object if he was someone Carlos was trying to sign, but I expect he's moved on to different targets 

he must have summat coz so many seem to want him signed ....I personally think he just north of useless and could see him going the same way as the some other" big beast" of centre backs we've had who have been less than popular with the faithful .

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he must have summat coz so many seem to want him signed ....I personally think he just north of useless and could see him going the same way as the some other" big beast" of centre backs we've had who have been less than popular with the faithful .

Looks a bit oafish doesn't he

We should sign that blond haired 17 year old kid that played centre half for Ajax against Man Utd. What a player he is going to be.  £50m for Stones, £50m for Sterling etc etc? The price for players in this country is bonkers. 

41 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Could we sign Bartley with the same money or less?

Would take him as well, a similar age to Hanley, but maybe a bit better on the ground. The plus point with Hanley though, is that he is left footed, and a more likely replacement for Loovens

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Don't know anything about him. Keep hearing mixed opinions but we heard the same about Lees before he signed. Might just have to trust the club's judgment on this one. 

Exactly this, I remember L**ds fans saying they would drive Lees down here themselves, couldn't wait to get rid, yet he's now considered one of the top CB's in the league

Just now, gurujuan said:

Would take him as well, a similar age to Hanley, but maybe a bit better on the ground. The plus point with Hanley though, is that he is left footed, and a more likely replacement for Loovens

I was impressed with Bartley as a leader on the pitch. You could see him dragging the whole team forward when they needed goals in those final games. Scored six goals from centre half.

Guest wilyfox

Swansea will probably keep Bartley for their own usage. Been crying out for an imposing leader at the back since Williams left. Mawson and Bartley could pair well for them. 

38 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I was impressed with Bartley as a leader on the pitch. You could see him dragging the whole team forward when they needed goals in those final games. Scored six goals from centre half.

Yes, his leadership qualities are also what appealed to me, it's something we need on the pitch, as we don't have a natural leader. Again though, leadership is one of Hanley's better attributes as well Either of them would be good