A House Divided Cannot Stand

This is the season for us...

For this club to get promotion we've all got a massive job to do.

We've got great fans. We must get behind DC, we must get behind CC and most of all we must get behind the players...all of them, all of the time.

If they're told by CC to pull on a blue and white (well blue) shirt then they are out there at the business end giving everything they've got for our club

We have an outstanding manager and coaching staff who who took us to 6th last year and 4th this.

We have an outstanding squad of players and if we can add in key places then we're truly in with a chance.

If we can get off to a reasonable start this year then we're in with a real chance of automatic promotion.

We, the fans, must set aside opinions, beliefs and what we see as knowledge both on here and on matchdays and be 100% behind the whole club, be relentless vocally (even when it's tough going) and after each game, speak positively on here and other social media.

Any whinge or whine is a pot shot at our own players and club...let's get behind them this year and let them feel the love.

a bit tally ho mate ......I don't think there's any problem as far as support for the players is concerned , a few are a disgruntled with carlos and how he sets the team up but come matchday i'm sure everyone is behind him .....as for whinging on here it's a forum your always going to get some negative vibes we could be in the champions league and some still would moan ......I don't think for a second that our support is divided .

25 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

You won't get better backing than Wednesday had at Wembley and it had no effect on the outcome. 

Fans like to think they're more important than they actually are. 

only players can win games that's for sure  but getting behind them can help them do that, just as booing there every move can help destroy em ........a good example is the Bristol game ,we were pants and the ground was quiet but one incident sparked the crowd and the frenzied noise generated lifted the players and Bristol couldn't cope with it .of course it doesn't always work but cheering on the team as to have more effect than booing them .

1 hour ago, kingsidney said:

You won't get better backing than Wednesday had at Wembley and it had no effect on the outcome. 

Fans like to think they're more important than they actually are. 

We might have lost 4-0 without the backing.

Unlikely but also unprovable.

A different approach from Carlos this season is the catalyst, not the fans.

Last seasons clusterfuck of a transfer policy didn't help his cause, so a good summer of recruitment in the areas we all know were poor last season, is what's needed.

Follow this with tactics that befit a team going for promotion, and we'll be fine. Let's approach games like we mean business, not like we are bricking it we might concede.

As for Ra Ra Ra threads like this, all well and good in blue and white fluffy bunny world, but in reality, irrelevant.

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

a bit tally ho mate ......I don't think there's any problem as far as support for the players is concerned , a few are a disgruntled with carlos and how he sets the team up but come matchday i'm sure everyone is behind him .....as for whinging on here it's a forum your always going to get some negative vibes we could be in the champions league and some still would moan ......I don't think for a second that our support is divided .

This

2 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

No, address points of concern, but do it constructively. Not everyone on here is a Wednesday fan, even though they might say they are. Trust no one 

That's the spirit WTF:

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

A different approach from Carlos this season is the catalyst, not the fans.

Last seasons clusterfuck of a transfer policy didn't help his cause, so a good summer of recruitment in the areas we all know were poor last season, is what's needed.

Follow this with tactics that befit a team going for promotion, and we'll be fine. Let's approach games like we mean business, not like we are bricking it we might concede.

As for Ra Ra Ra threads like this, all well and good in blue and white fluffy bunny world, but in reality, irrelevant.

Spot on ^^^^^^^^

I look at it like this...

First season.

We were a bit to attacking, which worked wonders against teams who set up the same, as quality prevailed. but we didn't have the tactics or the quality to beat the teams better than us and we didn't have the fight for the smaller clubs who sat back.

Second season. 

With the first season in mind Carlos adapts the tactics to make us more robust, but in doing so we lose all our attacking prowess. this does indeed allow us to go to big teams and get results, however our negative brand of not losing football matches spreads throughout the sqaud and rather then going and winning matches we are happy sitting back and not losing them.

Third season.

We take the attacking approach from the first season and the defensive approach from the second and hey presto.

5 hours ago, modboy said:

people get confused sometimes between debate and "being a pig"

OT has always been heated and diverse, and as long as it doesn't get personal then thats what makes it a great forum

Apparently I'm now known as "El Porko" for more reasons than one lol

If something isn't right is hard to just keep quiet.

Carlos didn't get everything right last year.

I'm all for getting behind the team and not venting frustration at games but let's continue to voice our concerns and opinions on here.

No one should go on Twitter slating players but constructive criticism should always be allowed.

Ofc Carlos is a professional and he knows more than the average fan but sometimes managers make mistakes.

I just hope he knows how to get us back to our best and be more dominant in games because that's how we'll get promotion not by fans towing the line.

I'll back the manager all the time he shows he has learnt from last season.

I am not overly hopeful tbh, but we'll soon get an idea of what he has in mind with any signings that come in.

The success of the club is all the ultimately matters and if CC can't deliver he needs to replaced by someone who can.

I just hope DC has the ruthlessness needed to make the decision when the time is right.

We really need to get out of this league next season - the pit isn't bottomless and a time will come where we will need the Prem money.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl