Those to return

We have several players out on loan due to come back

Melo

Keen

Joao

For me I would let all 3 go

There is also the available to offers list

McGugan

and then finally the squad trim (thank you but its time to move on)

Palmer

Pudil or Fox

Nuhiu

Loovens

Jones

Abdi ?

Make space for a few of those U23 winners to come through or they will be going as well

39 minutes ago, BFNB said:

Melo

Keen

Joao

McGugan

Palmer

Pudil or Fox

Nuhiu

Loovens

Jones

Abdi ?

Make space for a few of those U23 winners to come through or they will be going as well

I can't see any of the development lads breaking through any time soon

Loovens is under contract and we only have 2 recognised centre backs at the club

I definitely think we need a new CB or 2 and would like to see Loovens be what Sasso was this season, reliable cover, but we can't and shouldn't move him on, 1 more season for me.

Agree with the full backs although Hunt is good enough and I'm guessing Palmer will still be considered adequate cover, Fox was a bit of an odd signing though.

Jones still has a role to play imo but despite his ability, I'd welcome offers for Abdi, it just hasn't happened for him and I can't see that changing.

Also we've just missed out in the play offs again, chucking a bunch of kids into the squad is not going to bridge the gap to the top 2, get the pick of the bunch ( Hirst, Preston etc ) out on loan if they're ready, then we'll see.

3 hours ago, BFNB said:

Melo

Keen

Joao

McGugan

Palmer

Pudil or Fox

Nuhiu

Loovens

Jones

Abdi ?

Good luck trying to get someone to buy McGugan . He hasnt kicked a ball for a year. 

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I can't see any of the development lads breaking through any time soon

Whys that then.. ?

how many times did you watch them last season ?

And remind where they finished was season..

Edited by outlaw pete

4 hours ago, BFNB said:

Melo

Keen

Joao

McGugan

Palmer

Pudil or Fox

Nuhiu

Loovens

Jones

Abdi ?

Good post, I would like to see some of the young lads given a chance.

I just cant see what Abdi ,Jones , Fox and Nuhiu have to offer.

4 hours ago, Lee A said:

Loovens is under contract and we only have 2 recognised centre backs at the club

I definitely think we need a new CB or 2 and would like to see Loovens be what Sasso was this season, reliable cover, but we can't and shouldn't move him on, 1 more season for me.

Agree with the full backs although Hunt is good enough and I'm guessing Palmer will still be considered adequate cover, Fox was a bit of an odd signing though.

Jones still has a role to play imo but despite his ability, I'd welcome offers for Abdi, it just hasn't happened for him and I can't see that changing.

Also we've just missed out in the play offs again, chucking a bunch of kids into the squad is not going to bridge the gap to the top 2, get the pick of the bunch ( Hirst, Preston etc ) out on loan if they're ready, then we'll see.

Who was it who said you never win anything with kids ?

Good Sir Alex took no notice...

I'd keep Keen around as third choice, with the  intention being one of Dawson or Wildsmith could go out on loan and get some game time. Ideally one for the first half of the season and one for the second half.

Edited by Gparrish

4 hours ago, BFNB said:

Melo

Keen

Joao

McGugan

Palmer

Pudil or Fox

Nuhiu

Loovens

Jones

Abdi ?

I'd let Melo leave without doubt. Would keep Keen so we can loan out Wildsmith. Joao is a tough one - show glimpses of quality and has different attributes to the other strikers in the squad - mainly pace.

Been trying to ship McGugan out for ages, so he'll leave if he wants to.

Happy with our existing full-backs, so would keep Pudil, Fox, and Palmer from your list. Unless there is a substantially better LB out there who fits into budget without taking money away from the key positions that need sorting.

Nuhiu's to leave - been a very bit part player since Rhodes and Winnall signed and with the release list yesterday suggesting we are being less sentimental (Semedo).

Loovens to drop to 3rd choice CB with a new guy replacing him.

Would like to see a fit and settled Abdi, so he would get another chance for me. Jones offers good defensive midfield cover and has been there and done it, I'd keep him.

25 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Whys that then.. ?

how many times did you watch them last season ?

And remind where they finished was season..

The step up from the youth set up/development squad to expectations to get promoted to the Premier League is massive.

I'd rather our young lads went out on loan to develop, gain experience, and make their mistakes (because they will, that's what young players do and that's how the learn and develop) elsewhere.

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

The step up from the youth set up/development squad to expectations to get promoted to the Premier League is massive.

I'd rather our young lads went out on loan to develop, gain experience, and make their mistakes (because they will, that's what young players do and that's how the learn and develop) elsewhere.

Mark Smith,the Shirtcliffe brothers, Mel Sterland, David Hirst all made the step to the first team with ease.

IMO we have some very good lads playing for the development team, I belive that they deserve a chance.

Young lads often give a team an extra energy that the likes of Abdi,Fox, Jones and Big Dave dont.

5 hours ago, BFNB said:

Melo Get rid. Crock and we have enough slow cms 

Keen 2nd choice next season , Allowing Wildsmith much needed game time.

Joao Get rid, serves no purpose

McGugan who realistically would take him? 

Palmer Keep , adequate back up.

Pudil or Fox Keep one as back up neither good enough to be first choice

Nuhiu Like him but other than the odd cameo doesnt really serve a purpose. If I was him id want to move. 

Loovens Decent but ageing and injury prone. back up 

Jones okay as a squad player, wouldn't be upset if he left though. 

Abdi ? Id love to say wait and see with him but I just cant see it ever working out.

None of the under 23s are anywhere near ready. Penny physically looks the closest but hes a mile of Pudil who is a mile of what id ideally like in there 

Edited by james o connor

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

More than likely . Just cant see us finding a buyer for him. 

Even if you gave him a free not many if anyone would match his wages, I reckon he'll wait out his contract. 

If that's the case it shows zero ambition. 

Edited by Corneliusreeve

Times have changed though pal. Hirsty's goals weren't worth £200m. Managers didn't get the boot for having a bad month of results. Instant success wasn't demanded from all quarters.

Abdi and Jones bring experience and proven Championship quality. Ok it isn't always going to work out, but there is a better chance of success over an unproven teenager. Fox is only 22 himself, so wouldn't write him off! As for Nuhiu, I agree - and I'd rather have had young Hirst on the bench. However, Nuhiu was effective in defending a lead because of his style and build - not sure bringing Hirst on to play that role would have worked.

I hope the young lads get a chance - being loaned out lower down the football ladder to learn their trade, develop their skills, and gain that valuable experience.