Jose Semedo

One of the best free transfers in my time watching the owls. Will be guaranteed a Heros welcome whenever he returns. Great pro great bloke. All the best wherever the road may take you

26 minutes ago, JAYFC1991 said:

From how I read it, they were stating who was out of contract, I think the farewells were to the loan players maybe? Semedo will get another year I believe

Thanked for service and wished them well for the future doesn't sound like the offer of a new contract to me.

I hope he can put in an appearance, maybe Owls In The Park, to be thanked properly for his years of service.

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Thanked for service and wished them well for the future doesn't sound like the offer of a new contract to me.

I hope he can put in an appearance, maybe Owls In The Park, to be thanked properly for his years of service.

I think that was aimed more towards the loan players. Semedo would get a better send off than that. We'll see

21 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

I've just said on twitter, we shouldn't just let him walk away with memories , Jose is a modern day legend. I'm sure Sheffield Wednesday could find him a coaching role within the club.  UTO 

What if he feels he's still got something to offer as a player?

He could always return to us in a few years in a coaching role if that's even what he wants to do.

Guest wilyfox

He's had a good run. 6 years at one club is very respectable these days. Promotion, consolidation, rise to the championship top 6...he's been with us all the way - but probably the right time to part. 

God bless Semedo wherever he goes. I hope he gets a bank holiday named after him. 

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What if he feels he's still got something to offer as a player?

He could always return to us in a few years in a coaching role if that's even what he wants to do.

Maybe, but the man loves it here, and it would be a real shame if Jose left with nothing but memories.   UTO 

Jose`s attitude was spot on . would play any position  he was asked and never moaned when he wasnt in the matchday squad. There are others at Hillsbro who could learn a lot from Semedo . 

Terrific player for the club.

A superb anchor to the midfield, especially in the 'Mind the gap' season.

In these days of players who live in world's so far removed from the fan base he was like glimpse to the past. Always made time for the supporters and this, combined with his no nonsense,  never say die attitude no doubt helped create a strong bond between player and fan that I haven't seen for many, many years.

1 hour ago, JAYFC1991 said:

I think that was aimed more towards the loan players. Semedo would get a better send off than that. We'll see

Its aimed at them all. Wildsmith and Dawson are not the list because they have been offered new deals.