Retained list

3 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Semedo offers more than Jones 

He does because hes covered for jones when injured and also for loovens/lees in defence this season but what he doesnt offer is better quality football compared to them

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

We released Sasso at the end of last season.

He was on a  season long loan the previous season like Lopez.  He went back to his club and then we re=signed him permanent in August

Edited by Etchesketch

Needed a clear out. Sasso did a job, wasn't his biggest fan but indicated our bar is a lot hIgher than last season. Semedo was just kept here for sentimental reasons and still has the ability to cut it lower in this league or a league 1.

4 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

I thought Sasso was on loan last season and we signed him on a free after that? Might be wrong

3 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

He was on a  season long loan the previous season like Lopez.  He went back to his club and then we re=signed him permanent in August

You're right. I stand corrected.

3 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

He's 32 not 42. I hope he finds a new club and plays as long as he can.  Don't get all this coaching thing with him.

If he had major interest in continuing his playing career he would have done it last season when told he wouldn't even be getting on the bench unless of injuries. If he is offered any sort of offer to stay here in any capacity, he will.

Very good start to the new season. I'm surprised at Sasso, id heard he had signed a new deal. It must mean were in for 2 centre backs or Hutch is moving back there and we want one extra.

Hopefully we can also shift Nuhiu, Joao, McGugan and a couple of others out on loan too and replace them with some genuine players.