Callum Mcmanamum

be intresting to know how much we paid him or was there a loan fee as well. hardly got a kick think he only started 2 games and prob came off at half time . per minute he must have cost a fair few quid ,next season there cant be any more signings like this where we sign someone on big wages only to chuck them as soon as we sign them ,there wont be the extra wages next season to chuck around like there were this season for sure due to ffp getting close .  I wouldn't  be surprised if he went elsewhere and does really well.

2 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Great option and could have done with him in both play off legs.

If we are going to insist on Wallace right and Reach left, then we won't go up.

Creates nothing for our strikers.

Agree tho its hard to be sure about macca as he never got a fair chance to get a run and match fit, but suspect if match fit he would get a few crosses in at least.

Wallace is getting on and plays narrow, reach might be better as an attacking left back or on left of a 3 due to terrific stamina, but neither are proper promotion wingers that will deliver the goals and assists required in open play.

We need 2 wingers with pace, ability to lauch counters and beat a man if needed, to deliver it into danger zones and offer a goal threat if we want to go up.

If we get such a player(s), at least 1 needs to start with the other coming on 2nd half as either a straight swap or as an attacking sub.

Our strikers need more crosses and chances in the box, they cant continue to feed off scraps and this is the key area to improve imo, hopefully cc will address it but there has to be doubts based on the evidence so far.

Edited by Ash77

3 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

He has first refusal on us in that case then. Hardly had a kick last season can't see any reason why he'd sign up for more.

Why sign for a club and play for a manager who has no idea how to utilise your ability 

He could take the money but I have a feeling he wants to play.

He'll end up lower prem 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

23 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Agree tho its hard to be sure about macca as he never got a fair chance to get a run and match fit, but suspect if match fit he would get a few crosses in at least.

Wallace is getting on and plays narrow, reach might be better as an attacking left back or on left of a 3 due to terrific stamina, but neither are proper promotion wingers that will deliver the goals and assists required in open play.

We need 2 wingers with pace, ability to lauch counters and beat a man if needed, to deliver it into danger zones and offer a goal threat if we want to go up.

If we get such a player(s), at least 1 needs to start with the other coming on 2nd half as either a straight swap or as an attacking sub.

Our strikers need more crosses and chances in the box, they cant continue to feed off scraps and this is the key area to improve imo, hopefully cc will address it but there has to be doubts based on the evidence so far.

As far as I can remember, Wallace played as out and out winger.

Guess he is just following his manager's instruction, and that could well be the only reason why he is playing more central role for us.

48 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Was never really given the chance diffficult when Carlos wouldn't drop his favourites we won't see him back here 

Perhaps he should have tried turning up to training in time.

5 hours ago, Pod9 said:

Like him but his attitude must not be the best for him to be constantly left out of the team/squad. Think the likes of Rhodes, Winnall and Fletcher would like to see him get more game time. 

I think it's more to do with our style of play, not playing wingers but keeping a flat 4 in midfield and didn't want to expose our fullbacks. 

Agreed though with our strikers liking to see more of him. I'd certainly have him back as long as it's to actually use him properly.

Come on Carlos let's get that winning games 4-3 attitude back next season!!

Guest ka58

Can only think of Brighton away where he had a genuinely positive impact.

if he'd done more he would have played.

4 hours ago, 19owl08 said:

Bannan said he was always late for training in that Sky Sports interview. Probably a big reason behind for why Carlos rarely started him. Doesn't really show the right commitment if you can't even turn up on time.

Correct (even though it was Tom Lees) :biggrin:

6 hours ago, foxy owl said:

Apparently we have first refusal on him .would you sign him or not 

Just asking

We wouldn't play him. He'd just sit on the bench or in the reserves.

Actually, he sounds like a Carlos signing so I'd say we'll snap him straight up

I can see mcmanaman being the next mcgeady and having a good game against us next time we play. I don't think his attitude is great though, if he had wallaces attitude I would sign him straight away. 

Always baffles me that fans can judge a player on twenty minutes here and there, but the manager (whose job is on the line every bloody week) spends all week with them and hasn't got a clue. Mcmanaman had chances. If he had taken them he would have been picked next game. Really didn't impress me what I saw and think we can do a lot better. Can see him drifting if he isn't careful 

He did ok when he was on the pitch, nothing outstanding but nothing dreadful. I think what held him back was his general attitude, he strikes me as one of those blokes who just is never happy. He looked just as p*ssed off on the pitch as he did warming up. I might be completely wrong but my guess would be that Carlos just got fed up with him.