What makes you think it will be better next season?

Consistency and stability, combined with a manager/head coach who is a theorist. He will learn from his mistakes, Chansiri will make sure he learns from them too.

We have the right leadership team to improve. Improve from fourth to top two.

Keep the defence means we will concede very few goals, like this year.  Great platform to build from.

Lee fit for the season hopefully. More pace on the flanks from new signings.

rhodes sorted out in pre season 

hooper hopefully fit

better option off the bench than the big fella.

no Newcastle to take up one of the auto spots

big chance next season

Just now, Tamworthowl said:

Consistency and stability, combined with a manager/head coach who is a theorist. He will learn from his mistakes, Chansiri will make sure he learns from them too.

We have the right leadership team to improve. Improve from fourth to top two.

Hope you're right

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Keep the defence means we will concede very few goals, like this year.  Great platform to build from.

Lee fit for the season hopefully. More pace on the flanks from new signings.

rhodes sorted out in pre season 

hooper hopefully fit

better option off the bench than the big fella.

no Newcastle to take up one of the auto spots

big chance next season

Derby and Birmingham, Forest will be up there challenging

42 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

We have improved over the 2 seasons CC has been in charge, we will make 4 or 5 signings, I really believe that we will challange for the top 2 next season

:manager:

This, but hopefully with a bit more flair and panache

25 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

We have the right leadership team to improve. Improve.

I was going to put this but as its already "been put"... this ^

If it's Rhodes and Hooper up top then what does that do to Forestieri? We'd definitely need protection in front of the back four if Forestieri were wide in a 4 man midfield which would ideally mean one of Lee or Bannan missing out. Only way I can see it would be using the Chelsea formation (it's proved it can work). 

Westwood

Lees Hutchinson Hanley

Pereira Lee Dominator Reach

Forestieri

Hooper Rhodes

Obviously the guy Dominator doesn't exist but someone imposing to break up play would be perfect, sorry not Bannan, too small. 

That would be three new new signings in Hanley, Pereira and Dominator. We do need to strengthen, if we sit still we'll be overtaken.

That formation appears the only way to accommodate Forestieri, Hooper and Rhodes without weakening us defensively. Carlos doesn't seem to favour orthodox wingers so the width would come from the full backs and a floating Forestieri.

58 minutes ago, wednesdayok said:

C'mon what makes you think we're going up? Carlos signing? Its gonna take more than that

I don't know if anyone thinks we are going up, but I guess a lot would believe we can. Big difference.

You mentioned Derby, Birmingham and Forest. Derby are quickly becoming a top 10 team, not top 6 anymore. Without heavy investment, again, I doubt they will be challenging. Birmingham - they won't even be close, and nor will Forest. Maybe both top 10, but both too far off at the moment irrespective of what they do pre-season in the transfer market.

Sunderland don't concern me, although I do expect Hull and Middlesbrough to make some sort of challenge. Fulahm - depends if they can keep their current players and add to that. Reading, play good football under Stam and have made some good loans, like Huddersfield. If Reading don't get promoted, then they could be up there, but I'm not sure about Huddersfield. They have a lot of loans and a very small budget.

All of the above could be complete rubbish of course, only time will tell.

What isn't rubbish is that we will be viewed, by players, as serious promotion contenders due to our previous two seasons, more so than the other clubs around us. I believe this will help us attract players over and above the majority of teams, assuming all things are equal. As @Tamworthowl said, CC is a theorist; he disects the game in a modern way which brought about the kind of football we saw in our first season. Last season, things were different, for a number of reasons (tactics, injuries, etc.) yet while the football wasn't as pretty, the results improved. And as we all know, it's a results based business.

Another thing that makes me believe we have a much better chance, is that this is year/season 3 and whilst DC's challenge of promotion in 2 years was extremely ambitious and a welcome soundbite to hear, it was, for me, always going to prove to be an very tough ask. 15 seasons of austerity has seen to that. Now though, some of the fruits of DC's early months are probably paying off, the club is more structured and becoming more defined again. This goes all the way through the club, top to bottom and to retain CC as Head Coach means that next season everybody already knows what they should be doing. Continuity, and the right recruitment, is key. The first one has already been achieved.

Edited by ChapSmurf

51 minutes ago, wednesdayok said:

Derby and Birmingham, Forest will be up there challenging

What about Villa?? Like him or loathe him, Bruce is a top manager at this level. Given a full pre-season he will sort them out. Norwich won't under achieve like they did this season either imo. This season was a massive opportunity wasted...

15 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I don't know if anyone thinks we are going up, but I guess a lot would believe we can. Big difference.

You mentioned Derby, Birmingham and Forest. Derby are quickly becoming a top 10 team, not top 6 anymore. Without heavy investment, again, I doubt they will be challenging. Birmingham - they won't even be close, and nor will Forest. Maybe both top 10, but both too far off at the moment irrespective of what they do pre-season in the transfer market.

Sunderland don't concern me, although I do expect Hull and Middlesbrough to make some sort of challenge. Fulahm - depends if they can keep their current players and add to that. Reading, play good football under Stam and have made some good loans, like Huddersfield. If Reading don't get promoted, then they could be up there, but I'm not sure about Huddersfield. They have a lot of loans and a very small budget.

All of the above could be complete rubbish of course, only time will tell.

What isn't rubbish is that we will be viewed, by players, as serious promotion contenders due to our previous two seasons, more so than the other clubs around us. I believe this will help us attract players over and above the majority of teams, assuming all things are equal. As @Tamworthowl said, CC is a theorist; he disects the game in a modern way which brought about the kind of football we saw in our first season. Last season, things were different, for a number of reasons (tactics, injuries, etc.) yet while the football wasn't as pretty, the results improved. And as we all know, it's a results based business.

Another thing that makes me believe we have a much better chance, is that this is year/season 3 and whilst DC's challenge of promotion in 2 years was extremely ambitious and a welcome soundbite to hear, it was, for me, always going to prove to be an very tough ask. 15 seasons of austerity has seen to that. Now though, some of the fruits of DC's early months are probably paying off, the club is more structured and becoming more defined again. This goes all the way through the club, top to bottom and to retain CC as Head Coach means that next season everybody already knows what they should be doing. Continuity, and the right recruitment, is key. The first one has already been achieved.

lolShort straight to the point

1 hour ago, wednesdayok said:

C'mon what makes you think we're going up? Carlos signing? Its gonna take more than that

Just cos.

lol

OK, here's why:

I reckon DC and CC both actually realise that in order for us to reach the POs again, or get automatic, it will take more than CC re-signing; I bet they have a cunning plan to win matches too - you know like they have for their previous two seasons in charge!

:manager: