Vincent Sasso

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Really don't want Hanley. He's ok with his back to goal where he can head and kick everything. On small pitches he'll be fine.

but.... Hillsborough is a big pitch and when he's turned he is useless. Also he's not a footballing centre half and neither is Lees so I think we'll be better off looking for one of them.

Lees is the worst passer of the ball from back i have seen and the amount of stupid pointless headers to nobody when he has time on the ball does my head in lol

Thing is with any player, not just Sasso, they don't get better sat on the bench. It is difficult to be on the bench for a couple of months not playing and then expected to be top of your game when you are needed.

It might well be that if Sasso played every week he would become a very good centre half , he has the ability 

4 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Good... I was impressed the way he brings the ball out of defence and goes forward for 20 yards...puts other teams on the back foot straight away...will only get better... a good addition to the squad

Agree, seems to catch the opposition out, I'd encourage him to go another twenty yard if I was CC.  If Sasso could cut out the silly errors, and there is no reason why he can't, he would be making a good case for playing more often.

41 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Happy with this. Put Hutchinson back to CB and go all out for a Midfielder with the calibre of Mooy for example

We won't just be re-signing Sasso, there'll be another centre back arriving, and most likely another combative midfield player

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We won't just be re-signing Sasso, there'll be another centre back arriving, and most likely another combative midfield player

That would be even better. Hope so but I do wonder how much cash we can throw at it this time as FFP could loom on the horizon. However real quality costs big bucks

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There needs to be another centre half signing as well. Loovens has seen better days in needs replacing as first choice. We dont want somebody who is  permanently injured like Hutchinson as first choice either. He runs out of steam by Feb/March and cant play . We need a proper partner for Lees its as important as a new wingers (s) for me.