Vincent Sasso

He's barely put a foot wrong all season. Good at finding a ball to feet and not scared to bring the ball out himself.

Everyone says of 4th choice etc. But I don't know who we are going to sign that is better.

If we do, then great I want whoever is the best player we have in that position on the pitch. But I don't think there is much better out there.

I think Sasso, despite limited game time has performed fantastically and I'd be happy if we start with him at CB next season.

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Hopefully grant Hanley coming in to partner lees. Big strong cb and not afraid to dish some boot out.

Really don't want Hanley. He's ok with his back to goal where he can head and kick everything. On small pitches he'll be fine.

but.... Hillsborough is a big pitch and when he's turned he is useless. Also he's not a footballing centre half and neither is Lees so I think we'll be better off looking for one of them.

Guest wilyfox

Has done better than I expected, but still surprised. Thought the hunt would be on for a quality CB signing. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Has done better than I expected, but still surprised. Thought the hunt would be on for a quality CB signing. 

Three wasn't enough last season, Semedo had to fill in a few times at centre back, as did Morgan Fox. We'll be after another

40 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Really don't want Hanley. He's ok with his back to goal where he can head and kick everything. On small pitches he'll be fine.

but.... Hillsborough is a big pitch and when he's turned he is useless. Also he's not a footballing centre half and neither is Lees so I think we'll be better off looking for one of them.

Some of that is true, but I can remember thinking the same about Shane Duffy, when Brighton signed him. In truth, he was an excellent signing and was perhaps the catalyst for their automatic promotion At some point, I can see Hutchinson moving into the back four, and someone like Hanley would be his ideal partner. Hanley, Loovens, Lees, Hutchinson and Sasso, would give us wonderful centre back options then find a midfield ball winner, who can play, to replace Hutchinson

Guest wilyfox
Just now, MOwl said:

Three wasn't enough last season, Semedo had to fill in a few times at centre back, as did Morgan Fox. We'll be after another

Depends where Carlos plans to deploy Hutchinson. A year ago, the decision was CB. That changed due to lightweight midfield. Have to wait and see if that changes again. Could well be Lees, Loovens, Hutch, and Sasso again.