Timing of the summer signings

5 hours ago, Blatter said:

The released list has not been issued yet and the numbers aren't yet known.

The McGugan saga proves getting rid of contracted players is not always as straightforward as some might think.

What Carlos has said is that wants to SIGN 4 or 5 players.

I'd be happy with him going out on loan. Even if we are contributing to his wages. Get him fit and get some decent performances in and hopefully a transfer in January may happen. 

Contributing partly to his wages must be better than contributing fully. 

The better available players will be biding their time looking for the best offers, but it would be great to get our business done early.  That said remember when we were skint and got our business done early signing Purse, Miller... the cream of the crop :)

18 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

4 or 5???? We need to get rid of 10/12 of the current squad/first team and as a minimum we need (IMO)...2 FB's, 2 CB's, 1 winger (at least), 1 CM and 1 CF.

thats without even thinking about it. 

Another forward? Are we going back to basics with the old-fashioned formation 1-1-8 next season? 

8 hours ago, don'tCallMeOwlCallYo said:

Another forward? Are we going back to basics with the old-fashioned formation 1-1-8 next season? 

As i stated in my post to edited yesterday...Out of the clear out I would get rid of Joao, nuhiu and fletcher. That would leave:

Winnall

Rhodes

Hooper

FF (when suits but CC seems hell bent on ruining the lad and playing wide left)

Based on this year, Hooper a looked class and but has spent large parts injured. Jury still out on Winnall...i am sure he will score with the right service!! The biggest one is Rhodes...scored a goal ever 2 games over his career at this level yet CC and the system we have played this season simply hasn't got the best out of him. 

So yes based on my justification above....the answer to your clever response is yes another forward!!

18 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

As i stated in my post to edited yesterday...Out of the clear out I would get rid of Joao, nuhiu and fletcher. That would leave:

Winnall

Rhodes

Hooper

Based on this year, Hooper a looked class and but has spent large parts injured. Jury still out on Winnall...i am sure he will score with the right service!! The biggest one is Rhodes...scored a goal ever 2 games over his career at this level yet CC and the system we have played this season simply hasn't got the best out of him. 

So yes based on my justification above....the answer to your clever response is yes another forward!!

Getting rid of Fletcher, who is our only real threat in the air from a forward (Rhodes sometimes but not like Fletcher is) would be absolute madness. 

He ended the season with the best goals per minute ratio at the club.

FF in a two upfront isnt the way to go for me. 2 from Hooper/Fletch/Rhodes. You know, like we won 6/6 with

Rhodes has looked a bit off the pace so hopefully a summer of flat out training and a system and a side that suits his game will see him return to the top scorers charts next season. 

Hopefully we can sign a top creative player in the early summer 

41 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Rhodes has looked a bit off the pace so hopefully a summer of flat out training and a system and a side that suits his game will see him return to the top scorers charts next season. 

Hopefully we can sign a top creative player in the early summer 

Rhodes hasn't done anything for over a year now, can we afford to take that risk, or do we need to? Put it down to experience and sell him on while he still commands a reasonable fee. 

Edited by gurujuan

34 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fletcher has done more than Rhodes, sell Rhodes. We'll get more for Rhodes than we would Fletcher

Sell him? We ain't even bought him yet lol

Deffo keep Fletcher.  Get rid of Nuhui and keep the rest of the forwards though Carlos won't get shot of big Dave 

3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Winnall

Rhodes

Hooper

It was a joke pal. Can see your reasoning tbf but don't think we will go for a striker unless like you say we move a few on. Which will probably be pretty difficult to do. Wings and defence to sort for me as a priority. 

Edited by don'tCallMeOwlCallYo