Timing of the summer signings

So Carlos has stated he'll only sign 4 or 5 players for the coming season. When should we recruit them? Early (June / July) and pay a premium or wait until later and sign the players that aren't this summer's headline players but those that are free transfers or considered a more sensible price? 

I say "5h1t or broke" let's go for it early!  

Cc just has to realise that picking his favourites and trying to squeeze them all into the first eleven hasn't or will not work, he's the manager and has to make some hard discussions and if he don't get it right then it's his fault and it's time to move on, I really do hope he does but I just think it's going be the same as last year, it's more about balance and scoring more than the other team and not trying to sneak a cheeky 1 nil win and sit back on it because we have all seen, it's very rare that works out for us 

5 hours ago, offalyowl said:

Cc just has to realise that picking his favourites and trying to squeeze them all into the first eleven hasn't or will not work, he's the manager and has to make some hard discussions and if he don't get it right then it's his fault and it's time to move on, I really do hope he does but I just think it's going be the same as last year, it's more about balance and scoring more than the other team and not trying to sneak a cheeky 1 nil win and sit back on it because we have all seen, it's very rare that works out for us 

I think you've replied in the wrong thread. Your post has no relation to the timing of signings. 

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

4 or 5???? We need to get rid of 10/12 of the current squad/first team and as a minimum we need (IMO)...2 FB's, 2 CB's, 1 winger (at least), 1 CM and 1 CF.

thats without even thinking about it. 

I think signing that many might put us back a year or two. 

The better players will keep their options open till just before pre season starts, then make a decision on a move

Only clubs like Sheffield united etc are signing players at the minute

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

4 or 5???? We need to get rid of 10/12 of the current squad/first team and as a minimum we need (IMO)...2 FB's, 2 CB's, 1 winger (at least), 1 CM and 1 CF.

Don't you think we've got enough strikers?

Not sure i like the term "broke" considering where we were a few years ago. I think it is the sh.t or broke approach that illustrates what is wrong with football. It's about time FIFA bought in some kind of cap because the amount paid for players and agents is ridiculous.

If we have  set targets them the sign when they sign,  we won't intentionally hold things up if we can get them in straight away. 

When does the window officially open as it seems teams are already signing players before it opens this year 

CC said in his interview he wants 4/5 and wants us to hit the ground running so we aren't playing catch up like the last two seasons. Just what everyone on this thread seems to be saying. I think he knows what needs doing

3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

The released list has not been issued yet and the numbers aren't yet known.

The McGugan saga proves getting rid of contracted players is not always as straightforward as some might think.

What Carlos has said is that wants to SIGN 4 or 5 players.

17 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Carlos will have his list of left backs and strikers ready....

...and another back up keeper. 

In all seriousness, there's always been players playing catch up due to signing late, or in Jan...seems to be an easy excuse when things aren't going well. Let's get everyone in the door as early as possible for a change.  

12 hours ago, shandypants said:

So Carlos has stated he'll only sign 4 or 5 players for the coming season. When should we recruit them? Early (June / July) and pay a premium or wait until later and sign the players that aren't this summer's headline players but those that are free transfers or considered a more sensible price? 

I say "5h1t or broke" let's go for it early!  

4 or 5 is all we need. But they must be the right players 

2 x pacy ,direct wingers 

1x midfield beast 

1x quality centre half 

These positions were the priority LAST summer, but wernt sorted. We cant make the same mistake again.