Guest wilyfox

For me, Jota and Knockaert were the two best wingers in the division this season. One is definitely unattainable. The other...who knows?! Would take megabucks to try. 

10 hours ago, the_mutha said:

I've read lots of comments on here about how good he is.

When I've watched him, he's been average and a complete cat in the tackle. Didn't go anywhere near anything that was a 50\50.

I'm perfectly happy without him - must my opinion.

Ross Wallace tackles per game: 0.8

Ross Wallace interception per game: 0.2

Jota tackles per game: 0.9

Jota interceptions per game: 0.8

I'd be quite content with Jota

Could play him in place of Wallace or Bannan and he'd be a marked improvement over both ( no disrespect to either )

Proper playmaker who makes the team tick, would love him here.

Guest wilyfox

How ever many players Carlos signs this summer, there are 3 positions he simply must get right; CB, CM, and a winger. No excuses, needs to strike gold there.

He's toyed with wingers trying to rediscover form of old; hasn't worked. He's tried wingers from overseas; hasn't worked. We need one of the best in this division - like Knockaert is for Brighton, and Ritchie for Newcastle.

Hanley, Irvine, Jota. (Scowen would be my compromise for Irvine).

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Ross Wallace tackles per game: 0.8

Ross Wallace interception per game: 0.2

Jota tackles per game: 0.9

Jota interceptions per game: 0.8

I'd be quite content with Jota

Quite literally the most pointless stat that exists in football.

Ignoring that, id be flipping delighted with Jota, he's a Carlos type of player.

Seems bizarre to me that we're even discussing whether Jota can tackle or not !

Since January 1st he scored 12 goals and 5 assists in 23 games primarily playing on the right hand side. Brentford triggered a 1 year extension to his contract about 2 weeks ago, so he would cost, but not that much, you wouldn't think.

As others have said, the biggest problem would probably be convincing him to leave London.

Glad you're all excited, but I'd rate our chances of getting him at zero.

Brentford just extended his contract and doubtless won't want to let him go.

He's valued at around the 15mil mark, which is well out above our means.

If Brentford are convinced to let him go, then Swansea and Burnley are lining up, which are infinitely more attractive prospects than us due to being in the premier league.

Jota isn't happening.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, cookeh said:

Glad you're all excited, but I'd rate our chances of getting him at zero.

Brentford just extended his contract and doubtless won't want to let him go.

He's valued at around the 15mil mark, which is well out above our means.

If Brentford are convinced to let him go, then Swansea and Burnley are lining up, which are infinitely more attractive prospects than us due to being in the premier league.

Jota isn't happening.

One-year extension isn't much security. Sell now or risk taking a big hit. 

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

One-year extension isn't much security. Sell now or risk taking a big hit. 

But if they let him go he isn't coming to us. There's better places (and better paying places) for him to go. And I'm sure Brentford will be considering keeping him regardless. Gives them a year to try to talk him into another new deal, use his contribution to stay away from relegation and attract better players than they otherwise would.

Whatever happens tho, if he stays or if he goes, he won't be our player next season.

Guest wilyfox
7 hours ago, cookeh said:

But if they let him go he isn't coming to us. There's better places (and better paying places) for him to go. And I'm sure Brentford will be considering keeping him regardless. Gives them a year to try to talk him into another new deal, use his contribution to stay away from relegation and attract better players than they otherwise would.

Whatever happens tho, if he stays or if he goes, he won't be our player next season.

Probably not, but I can dream. 

14 hours ago, wilyfox said:

How ever many players Carlos signs this summer, there are 3 positions he simply must get right; CB, CM, and a winger. No excuses, needs to strike gold there.

He's toyed with wingers trying to rediscover form of old; hasn't worked. He's tried wingers from overseas; hasn't worked. We need one of the best in this division - like Knockaert is for Brighton, and Ritchie for Newcastle.

Hanley, Irvine, Jota. (Scowen would be my compromise for Irvine).

Jackson Irvine and Jota would be awesome signings.

I reckon they would improve us. I'd be very happy with either or both.

But if we can't get Jota, I would like us to look at someone like Tom Lawrence or a young top flight loanee?

I think we need to upgrade both of our full back/wing back positions. That area seems a weakness.

What we lack is a bit of a pace and we could do with more creativity or better crossing.

A solid centre back in the mold of Flint or Manga would be a smart move too.

I think we should look into the top flight loanee market for some quality young players.

Some of the top players at this level were on loan from the top flight and it could save us some money too.

Whoever we do bring in, needs to improve us and then we'd have a good shout at top 2, get the player recruitment right this summer and it could be our year.