Ideal attack next year

2 minutes ago, curren said:

So you want our Strikers feeding off scaps again

Not at all.

I want decent chances created by two proper wingers, 2 proper CMs, and overlapping full-backs.

Hooper is a must. We've learnt that this season.

Rhodes has a lot to prove and unless he has an amazing pre season will be a sub.

We need a striker to play on the last man and he needs to have pace!

Where we find this striker I have no idea.

Would Andre Gray fancy a step down for a decent wage if Burnley sign another striker?

Maybe Callum Wilson when he's back from injury now Bournemouth have signed Defoe.

Or maybe looking abroad, surely Carlos knows some more players in Portugal. What about Welthon? Still youngish and had a decent season.

Also a right winger is a must!!!!!!!

I know I'm going to get slated for this but I honestly think bannan is a problem for us. Quality player on his day and worth a place in any side in the league when on song...but to many off games and consistently off the pace, yet he almost an ever present when fit!! 

He is certainly a "piece of the jigsaw" that I would like to be considered in terms of supply to the front 2 and the way we would like to play.

24 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I know I'm going to get slated for this but I honestly think bannan is a problem for us. Quality player on his day and worth a place in any side in the league when on song...but to many off games and consistently off the pace, yet he almost an ever present when fit!! 

He is certainly a "piece of the jigsaw" that I would like to be considered in terms of supply to the front 2 and the way we would like to play.

Agree to a point but i actually think Hutch is a bigger problem when playing a 442

Far too deep. Leaves a massive gap.

What is clear after this season is we need a commanding CB and we need to keep Hooper and Lee fit

4 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Agree to a point but i actually think Hutch is a bigger problem when playing a 442

Far too deep. Leaves a massive gap.

What is clear after this season is we need a commanding CB and we need to keep Hooper and Lee fit

Spot on.

Hutchinson is an amazing layer and a fan favourite, but when playing in midfield, he drops deep to take the ball from the centre backs, then it leaves either Lee/Bannan battling in midfield on their own, huge gaps and leaves us very open and invites pressure.

Ideal attack for me would be Helder Costa, Abdi and Forestieri playing behind a new quick and powerful centre forward. In reality, it will probably be two of Fletcher, Hooper, Winnall and Rhodes.......... sigh

Happy with our striking options, creativity in midfield is where we need to strengthen.

Nuhiu can go for me, joao needs to buck his ideas up and start to challenge for a place in the team, otherwise out on loan again with a 24hr recall clause in case of injuries.

Hirst can fill in where necessary and start to integrate with the first team. Much rather he on the bench than nuhiu and would help his development.

39 minutes ago, Bradshaw said:

Costa would be quality, however pretty sure he signed for Wolves on a perm in jan for over 10 million.

Should have spent £10m on Costa instead of Rhodes, pace, trickery, more goals and assists galore

Our transfer record has to improve. We had a quick wide player in Macca this season and he hardly saw any game time. Carlos seems to like Big Dave instead of Winnall. We defo need to strengthen the wide areas and a defender. Create more and the forwards we have will score.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Should have spent £10m on Costa instead of Rhodes, pace, trickery, more goals and assists galore

Agreed. would have been an exiting signing, but oh well. Hopefully we'll sign someone this summer of the same quality.