Next Season

Next Season is absolutely massive in more ways than one. If Carlos was upset at some of the critisicm he received this season then that is going to be a relative cakewalk compared to the critisicm he'll receive from some sections of the fanbase should we not be challenging for automatic promotion.

If we fail to go up next season then Carlos will inevitably leave, this squad will start to break up, we'll have to start again to an extent and in a sense this period of our history will essentially have counted for nothing? Chuck in the fact the club are 150 years old as well and next season as I already said is absolutely massive.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

The problem is people are talking about automatic promotion already. We don't currently have the squad for that - let's see what happens in the summer. 

Signing players is DC and his advisors remit, I want to see players signed early this time. Let's get the team finished and ready, and use the loan window to add depth if required. 

9 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

The problem is people are talking about automatic promotion already. We don't currently have the squad for that - let's see what happens in the summer. 

Signing players is DC and his advisors remit, I want to see players signed early this time. Let's get the team finished and ready, and use the loan window to add depth if required. 

I think we could have been much closer to automatic promotion this year, so it has to be the target.

A slight concern of mine is our determination to only bring in tried and tested championship performers. I understand why we do it, players know all about what it takes to play in the championship When I see some of the exciting young players some of our rivals have brought in from Europe, I'm slightly envious. I guess it's a sort of safety first policy, that perhaps mirrors our cautious approach. Will the tried and tested players have the desire, or are they even likely to improve? Yes, I know, that you know what you are getting with these experienced players, but at the end of the day, if you recruit championship style players, that is where you'll likely end up

On 5/24/2017 at 06:10, Great Big Galaa said:

Next Season is absolutely massive in more ways than one. If Carlos was upset at some of the critisicm he received this season then that is going to be a relative cakewalk compared to the critisicm he'll receive from some sections of the fanbase should we not be challenging for automatic promotion.

If we fail to go up next season then Carlos will inevitably leave, this squad will start to break up, we'll have to start again to an extent and in a sense this period of our history will essentially have counted for nothing? Chuck in the fact the club are 150 years old as well and next season as I already said is absolutely massive.

Well it's nice to see you're a glass half full type of person :duntmatter:

But of course you're right. A strong start to the season will be crucial though, as we all know there will be troughs as well as peaks. I'm looking forward to it already.

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

A slight concern of mine is our determination to only bring in tried and tested championship performers. I understand why we do it, players know all about what it takes to play in the championship When I see some of the exciting young players some of our rivals have brought in from Europe, I'm slightly envious. I guess it's a sort of safety first policy, that perhaps mirrors our cautious approach. Will the tried and tested players have the desire, or are they even likely to improve? Yes, I know, that you know what you are getting with these experienced players, but at the end of the day, if you recruit championship style players, that is where you'll likely end up

Well we have tried, not all young but our foreigners haven't been a great success for one reason or another Joao, Matias, Melo, Sougou, Emanuelson, etc

40 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Well we have tried, not all young but our foreigners haven't been a great success for one reason or another Joao, Matias, Melo, Sougou, Emanuelson, etc

This is true, although again, all those were seasoned pros Joao was probably the exception and so far, it's fair to say that he hasn't been a success. I just feel we need to mix it up a bit, and bring in some young exciting talent

On 24/05/2017 at 06:10, Great Big Galaa said:

Next season is always the most important one, you great big galaa!

Think we need to streamline the squad a bit.

If you are over 20, been here for over a season and your only hope is to play in the early rounds of the league cup then its time to move you on.

For me personally would not say promotion is the be all and end all of what would be a good season but should at least be challenging.

I predict that we will not win every game at a canter cos, and I know this will come a shock to some on here, the opposites will actually be trying to win those games too; yes, it's disgraceful behaviour from them but the EFL refuse to stamp it out!

However, we have the set-up to reach the top six (again), and with continuing improvements there's a chance (not a right) that we will achieve automatic promotion. 

Please don't any more join the ranks of those claiming WAWAW but each with their own proviso such as we must be in the top two all season, we must play amazing football at all times, this or that player must never be selected again, etc...