So What Needs To Happen.

If we are to be serious contenders for the top 2 spots this coming season I think its vital that we hit the ground running this year, in order to do this we need to get our transfers (both incomings and outgoings) sorted nice and early, give everyone a full pre season and identify our strongest team and how to get the best out of it.

This season is a massive one for the club and the top 2 should be well within our grasp.

Ideally you'd like to get most of the players in as early as possible. I agree a good start is important, if you look at the last 2 seasons the one area we had problems in both was August, after a good opening day win in both we didn't win again in the league until September.

2 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Ideally you'd like to get most of the players in as early as possible. I agree a good start is important, if you look at the last 2 seasons the one area we had problems in both was August, after a good opening day win in both we didn't win again in the league until September.

When your talking fine margins then a good start is massively important. If we can go into the new season in the same form as we showed in the 2nd half of this season and I don't see any reason why we can't then we won't be far off at all.

Edited by Blue and white

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

When your talking fine margins then a good start is massively important. If we can go into the new season in the same form as we showed in the 2nd half of this season and I don't see any reason why we can't then we won't be far off at all.

I agree 100%, if you look at 15/16, Brighton's 15 point lead over us that they were so keen to point out was all made up from their amazing start and our stuttering one. I think we'll certainly challenge for automatic next season. I don't buy all this harder league stuff. There's no Newcastle, there's no Brighton and of 3 that have come down 2 of them are a mess. We've got as good a chance as anyone.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Two wingers with pace. An option when Hutch is available.  A cb and possibly an upgrade in one or both full back positions.  And do it EARLY!!

He needs to use season 1 tactics at home, on the attack with pacey wingers.

Away he needs to use season 2 tactics, keep it tight and hit them in stages. 

I'd like to think a big points total should be returned will possible top 2 finish.

Basically we need to copy Brighton 

29 minutes ago, james o connor said:

What needs to happen?

proper partner for lees 

actual wingers with pace and Wallace becoming a squad player not the go to man

not trying to shoe horn Hutchinson into sides whenever he is fit 

probably a left back as well 

You hit the nail on the head with Wallace, we should should be making signings that give him a place on the bench at best, I also agree regards Hutchinson .

For me:

Announce retained/released list ASAP

Minimal changes: 

- CB challenge / cover: I believe 2-3 quality CB available on frees 

- Strong wide player - jota or the likes

- maybe sign midfielder if we lose any - Irvine gives us a strong, mobile, big player who gets goals too! 

Shift as much dead wood as possible 6-10 (unsure how many leave without contracts. 

I have faith hat hat the squad that finished second half of season as auto form could do the same next season. Don't want to change too much. 

Edited by Philb125

Wallace is an integral part of how carlos wants to play whether some out and out speed merchant who hugs the flanks would fit into the way we play is unlikely .....now if carlos is prepared to switch to a more aggressive way of playing that's a different matter but I don't see him doing that .

17 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I agree 100%, if you look at 15/16, Brighton's 15 point lead over us that they were so keen to point out was all made up from their amazing start and our stuttering one. I think we'll certainly challenge for automatic next season. I don't buy all this harder league stuff. There's no Newcastle, there's no Brighton and of 3 that have come down 2 of them are a mess. We've got as good a chance as anyone.

Villa, Derby and Norwich will be key players next season

18 hours ago, Blue and white said:

If we are to be serious contenders for the top 2 spots this coming season I think its vital that we hit the ground running this year, in order to do this we need to get our transfers (both incomings and outgoings) sorted nice and early, give everyone a full pre season and identify our strongest team and how to get the best out of it.

This season is a massive one for the club and the top 2 should be well within our grasp.

We need more fish to go with our potatos , and more meat on the fire. 

4 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

A positive start to the season and none of the "we're only x games into the season crap".  Every game is important and I hate it when we spend the first ten games finding a settled side. 

It starts with the pre season. Team A should play 2-3 big fixtures, with minimal subs. Mix and match in the earlier and lesser games.