Get Allardyce in before he signs

1 hour ago, MallorcaOwl said:

THis is false information, he did not try to engineer a bung. read the story and get the facts right before you revert to libeling someone

Technicalities / semantics ?. If he's done nothing wrong he ought to be sueing someone. I stand by the last sentence of my post.

11 hours ago, MallorcaOwl said:

THis is false information, he did not try to engineer a bung. read the story and get the facts right before you revert to libeling someone

On your advice I have been and read the story again . The allegations against him were that he offered to give advice on getting round legal payments and that he ATTEMPTED TO ARRANGE A FEE OF 400K TO ACT AS AN ADVISOR . As per BBC sports website.

No problem apologies accepted.

15 hours ago, sage owl said:

On your advice I have been and read the story again . The allegations against him were that he offered to give advice on getting round legal payments and that he ATTEMPTED TO ARRANGE A FEE OF 400K TO ACT AS AN ADVISOR . As per BBC sports website.

No problem apologies accepted.

It's never a clever thing to use capital letters, I don't need to apologise as Sam did nothing wrong here is a copy of what he said

Following morning to meet the FA. At no point going into that meeting did he fear for his job, and on reflection there are plenty of observers who think the FA acted too soon, that had they waited and seen that the rest of the 'revelations' did not concern their manager, they might have been able to ride out the storm.

'It's worth remembering that the police didn't discover anything worthy of investigation,' says Allardyce. 'And before a parliamentary select committee Robert Sullivan from the FA said I hadn't been in breach of any FA rules. Or told anybody how to breach FA guidelines on third-party ownership.

'In fact, he said I was actually doing nothing more than stating the FA's position. When I went to Wembley I didn't think I was about to lose my job. I just thought it was going to be a discussion about how we navigate through it.

'But the process was not what I expected. People have told me that if it was a similar-sized business there would have been a lengthier HR process. I'm not criticising the FA because they felt they needed to make a decision. I didn't want to go but in the end there was a mutual agreement.'

4 hours ago, MallorcaOwl said:

It's never a clever thing to use capital letters, I don't need to apologise as Sam did nothing wrong here is a copy of what he said

Following morning to meet the FA. At no point going into that meeting did he fear for his job, and on reflection there are plenty of observers who think the FA acted too soon, that had they waited and seen that the rest of the 'revelations' did not concern their manager, they might have been able to ride out the storm.

'It's worth remembering that the police didn't discover anything worthy of investigation,' says Allardyce. 'And before a parliamentary select committee Robert Sullivan from the FA said I hadn't been in breach of any FA rules. Or told anybody how to breach FA guidelines on third-party ownership.

'In fact, he said I was actually doing nothing more than stating the FA's position. When I went to Wembley I didn't think I was about to lose my job. I just thought it was going to be a discussion about how we navigate through it.

'But the process was not what I expected. People have told me that if it was a similar-sized business there would have been a lengthier HR process. I'm not criticising the FA because they felt they needed to make a decision. I didn't want to go but in the end there was a mutual agreement.'

You believe Sam and the mail I'll stick to the allegations made in the BBC article written at the time.

like I said earlier if these were unfounded surely an innocent man would sue.

8 minutes ago, Mr Soul said:

If CC is clueless, how did he (with no previous experience of English football) manage to get us in the playoffs in his first 2 seasons?

Plenty of managers could have done the same with the money spent. To get them so far and blow it twice :picnic:

Just now, Frazzlebeak said:

Plenty of managers could have done the same with the money spent. To get them so far and blow it twice :picnic:

Thankfully I dont live in a world of woulda, coulda, shoulda...the reality is he is the most successful Wednesday manager in years. Yes he was given money to spend that others before him didnt get, undeniably, but working on the assumption that another manager would have done better with the money is just stupidity.

The money took us to a level of success that we had not achieved in years...it took us to that point! Now is the time to invest more cause.

Yes there were flaws in the squad last season but we have had (proportionately) huge success in a short period of time.

It is a work in progress!