3 things i definitely dont want to see

Agree with all the above. Really want to see a top winger and a dominating centre half come in. Need to be creating better chances with forwards we have. Maybe a proper target man! Someone that a Rhodes/winnall/Hooper can play off. 

4 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

1. Stop singing Carlos had a dream...........or change the bloody lyrics, he's had more then enough cash.

2. Stop singing We're on our way........it's shuffle

3. And give over with those flipping phone lights........that's shuffle too. 

I do like a shuffle tho 

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

His obsession with playing three centre mids in a 4-4-2 does my head in. It dosnt work , never will. 

He needs to work out his best pairing from those three and stick with it and play two wingers. 

Completely agree. I like Carlos a lot but this is f'ing annoying.

Strongest point - he has built a real atmosphere of togetherness in our squad.

Weakest point - his infuriating stubborn persistence to play a central mid on the left when we have McManaman, Buckley & Reach on the bench.

7 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

1. Stop singing Carlos had a dream...........or change the bloody lyrics, he's had more then enough cash.

YES 

YES 

ABSOLUTELY YES 

11 hours ago, darklord said:

first season we played some great football but we lamented a lack of quality in attack. We then go out and buy fantastic forwards and change our style so they get no service.

We need to revert to his first years play, with the forward line we have now we would do great

End of the day, the team had balance with Forestieri on his game playing on the left, and only had Lee and Hutchinson, or Bannan and Hutchinson in the middle, assuming Wallace on the right. This was a lot of the early conversations on here. 

Throughout the season instead we either have Reach who tbf can beat a man but has no end product, or Bannan to run around like a headless chicken playing on the left.

Either Forestieri recaptures the form of old and Carlos prepares to play him on the left, or we should get rid. Wallace can stay, but he shouldn't be the automatic selection.

Of course last year pre-season the plan would have been for Mattias to be the man putting Wallace under pressure, but let's not go down that rabbit hole.

2 new wingers, one for either side and a centre back to relieve Loovens when out of form is all we need.

Assuming we don't play the same negative get the job done type football.

12 hours ago, darklord said:

first season we played some great football but we lamented a lack of quality in attack. We then go out and buy fantastic forwards and change our style so they get no service.

We need to revert to his first years play, with the forward line we have now we would do great

Spot on.

7 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Jota needs to be our No.1 target

Westwood
Hunt Lees New  Reach
      Hutch   Bannan
 Jota   Abdi  Forestieri
          Winnall

Missing puzzle piece

15 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

Agreed . Who exactly did we sign on loan and use?

Also Joao in attack. He doesnt play & why would you want to advertise the fact if he did ! ?

23 hours ago, darklord said:

First season we didn't beat any of the top six teams...last year we beat Newcastle and Huddersfield home and away...we need a combination of the two...hard to beat but with the players to be able to beat anyone...bit like the last 8 matches but with everyone fit

On 2017-5-23 at 19:22, Greenhgate Owl said:

Wallace and bannan need replacing for me

like you say Wallace is getting on and bannan doesn't do enough for me to warrant a start in a auto position chasing team

inch would be decent but derby will want silly money for him and would they sell to a rival

Wow, Probably our two most consistent performers this season and you want rid?! 

Tha knows nowt

On 23/05/2017 at 16:53, GoldGigsChris said:

If Carlos is staying I hope he re-evaluates this seasons playing style, doesn't stick with his favoured few and considers playing other players (in their right positions).

I just can't wait for preseason get a good proper look improve where needed and see what we have again. Personally might get shot for saying this but I'd like matias to stay fit and show us what we've been wanting. He's proved scorer finishing second in the league he was from he looks exciting just want it wanna see it

On 23/05/2017 at 17:29, WadsleyOwl said:

Tend to agree now. How long can you keep on suggesting you're going up, then don't, without it getting embarrassing?

At least, let's find some new, original songs / tunes.

My challenge to Owls Talk for the summer.