The Star - Carlos staying

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sorry I had to groan reading that. Think things have gone stale.

I feel that too, happy I didn't buy a ST, I now feel justified.

Like Carlos as a man but I think we'll have a 'dip' this season personally.

This is only good news providing the same recruitment mistakes of last season are not repeated.

In terms of Carlos staying, I'm delighted we have his character, I'm tentative but optimistic regarding his tactics, I am horrified in regards to potential recruitment. Whoever was in charge last season needs to be sacked from that job... if it was Carlos then I'd keep him as well away as possible, if not I'd look to try and get him involved. One thing's for certain, we simply cannot have the same atrocious transfers we had last season. We need to be a lot smarter with our money

I really hope this pays off

Absolutely gutted as I saw this as a real opportunity for us to bring somebody in who could unleash the attacking potential of our squad, instead of more boring, slow and predictable build up play in a side with zero width and minimal cutting edge considering the strikers we have at the club.

I think the majority of the blame for our exiting the playoffs with a whimper lies at Carlos's door and can only hope that lessons have been learned ahead of next season.

I hope that he doesn't waste as much money as he did last summer on signings we didn't really need, I hope he strengthens areas in the team that have needed strengthening for the best part of 12 months and I hope not to experience the same level of boredom that I felt more often than not at Hillsborough last season watching the best group of players we've had in nearly 20 years pass the ball over and over without getting anywhere near the oppositions penalty area.

Dejphon Chansiri has shown great faith in Carlos and I hope more than anything that Carlos is able to repay this faith.

Hopefully there will be no problems between CC and Rhodes, we easily have a 20 goal a season forward in JR and he needs to play, not be left on the bench. Things need to change next season in regards tactics and team selection, i hope CC is big enough to realise that. I really hope he is because i really do like him.

Edited by WalthamOwl

I disagree with this decision but I'm glad that it hasn't dragged on.

CC can now get on with planning for next season's recruitment, and I can only hope we're making better use of the squad next season.

Just now, Gresh said:

Goods news, just need a few tweaks in the squad and we should hopefully be ready for a great season ahead.

In fairness after our defeat at Wembley all we needed then were a few tweaks but Carlos went out on a spending spree buying loads of players we didn't really need.

Hopefully lessons have been learned from last season.

If Carlos thought last season was pressure wait until what next season will be like, people will rightly or wrongly expect top 2 as the only natural progression under Carlos. 

Let's hope he learns from his mistakes. And let's hope he doesn't bench millions of pounds worth of new signings to stick with his favourites who have now failed twice when it mattered.