An option for Carlos to ponder, 3-4-3 Chelsea style

Would allow us to fit more forwards in, say Forestieri alongside Hooper and whichever of Fletcher and Rhodes is getting goals.

Already have Reach as natural wing back. Maybe Lee or new signing on right. Abdi and Bannan in the middle. Hutch alongside Lees and Loovens at the back.

Top two guaranteed.

Just now, dmw said:

Already have Reach as natural wing back.

I'd prefer my wing back to be able to do most of the majority

• defend properly
  • be brave
  • can head a ball
  • can pass
  • is positive with the ball
  • chip in with the odd goal or 2
  • be able to cross a ball

Sadly, Adam Reach lacks in all areas.

14 minutes ago, ramone said:

• defend properly
  • be brave
  • can head a ball
  • can pass

We get it, you don't like Adam Reach. 

17 minutes ago, dmw said:

Would allow us to fit more forwards in, say Forestieri alongside Hooper and whichever of Fletcher and Rhodes is getting goals.

Already have Reach as natural wing back. Maybe Lee or new signing on right. Abdi and Bannan in the middle. Hutch alongside Lees and Loovens at the back.

Top two guaranteed.

Completely agree. 

This has to be the way forward!

offensively we have seen a 3-5-2 style a lot this year, and defensively a 442. This is when hutch plays. In attack he drops to form 3 at the back the full backs push up and the "wingers" like reach and wallace tuck in to form a 5 man midfield with bannan central and 2 up top. I like your set up more but we would need to sign a lot of CBs as hutch is injury prone, loovens getting older and lees also having injury problems. If we lose one or 2 of these for a while we could be in serious problem. Also would need to sign a few wide players as only see hunt reach and lee as viable wing back options, however would far prefer lee in the middle 

Been saying this for ages now!! 

Westwood

Lees.   Hutchinson.  New player

Hunt.                                              New/fox

Bannan        Lee 

FF/abdi

Hooper.                       Fletcher 

Guest domSWFC

When you look at great wing backs, they are direct and positive. Two things which Reach isn't. 

I'd love to see us play 3-4-3 but I think we'd need a huge overhawl to make it work. We'd need a new, quick CB, if you don't include Hutch in the 3, then two. 

As for Centre mids, it could fit Lee, Bannan and Abdi in nicely. 

Wallace is an important player for us, but he's not a right forward. If we were to play Rhodes, with Forestieri to the left, we'd need someone in the mould, quite ironically of Mcgeady, to his right. 

41 minutes ago, leeOWLS said:

Been saying this for ages now!! 

Westwood

Lees.   Hutchinson.  New player

Hunt.                                              New/fox

Bannan        Lee 

FF/abdi

Hooper.                       Fletcher 

Yep.. This one for me aswell

5 hours ago, ramone said:

• defend properly
  • be brave
  • can head a ball
  • can pass

You know by not understanding that Reach is a very good footballer highlights that you literally don't understand football. Jog on 

Looking at Reach this season should be lesson for Carlos, one I hope he learns as it is something he does with other players as well.

When Reach played against us for Preston and Boro he had outstanding games getting up and down the left flank, got crosses in and looked a good player. Sometimes played as a wing back.

Signed for us and while bedding in we decide to play him in several positions , We then ask him to start making runs through the centre, at Cardiff we played him up front.

Carlos needs to stop thinking about how he can change players to do what he wants them to do in some heavily coached, complicated system. He needs to play a simple system, personally I think it should be some version of 433, that new players can understand and easily make their way into the team so we can improve. 

He did the same with Abdi and Jones

1 hour ago, Rentaghost said:

Why would we want to put one of the best central midfielders in the league out wide? 

Because he has the engine to get up and down, and can still make his runs into the box. But might still be better to use him in the middle and get a purpose designed wing back in.

i'll be surprised if carlos does anything other than 4-4-2 with the token switch to hutch dropping into the back with the full backs pushing on and the wide men coming inside as per .when things arnt going to well  .....it got us to 4th with a couple of decent signings i'd guess he'll be hoping to push on 2 more spots .....