New Signings and manager

I'm seeing a lot of posts regarding who we need to sign for next to season. I personally really don't think this is the main issue. Yes I could pick positions out where I think we need to strengthen but it's not the priority for me.

looking at this season and last season, the teams that have succeeded have all had a goal scorer. Instead of getting new players, get the best out of our current players who aren't proven at this level. A lot of the goal scorers in this league don't score good or even hard goals. But the manager gets a team to play a certain way to get the best out of them. Look at wood, Murray, Kermorgant, Abraham. 

This season is also proof that having the best of squad on paper doesn't always work. Newcastle weren't as dominant as expected and villa flopped with arguably the best squads in the league. Then there's us, on paper we should have walked the play offs. It's clear to me all you need to get out of the championship is a manager who has a style of play which gets the best out of his players. And then a goal scorer. 

I think our problem lies with Carlos, we have multiple goal scorers but fail to get the best out of them. I believe any manager, probably in the top 9 this season get Wednesday promoted. 

Next season let's develop a squad who can play together, attack teams, be tight at the back and scores goals. For me, this comes from another manager. A change of style, play and formation.

Just now, OWLMAN21 said:

I'm seeing a lot of posts regarding who we need to sign for next to season. I personally really don't think this is the main issue. Yes I could pick positions out where I think we need to strengthen but it's not the priority for me.

looking at this season and last season, the teams that have succeeded have all had a goal scorer. Instead of getting new players, get the best out of our current players who aren't proven at this level. A lot of the goal scorers in this league don't score good or even hard goals. But the manager gets a team to play a certain way to get the best out of them. Look at wood, Murray, Kermorgant, Abraham. 

This season is also proof that having the best of squad on paper doesn't always work. Newcastle weren't as dominant as expected and villa flopped with arguably the best squads in the league. Then there's us, on paper we should have walked the play offs. It's clear to me all you need to get out of the championship is a manager who has a style of play which gets the best out of his players. And then a goal scorer. 

I think our problem lies with Carlos, we have multiple goal scorers but fail to get the best out of them. I believe any manager, probably in the top 9 this season get Wednesday promoted. 

Next season let's develop a squad who can play together, attack teams, be tight at the back and scores goals. For me, this comes from another manager. A change of style, play and formation.

Who are proven at this level sorry.

14 minutes ago, OWLMAN21 said:

Yeah lets do it, me and you.

13 minutes ago, OWLMAN21 said:

You undermine your own argument by pointing out how hard it is even for supposedly top managers like Rafa and Bruce in the Championship with substantially more expensive squads than ours. Under Carlos we have improved year on year and missed out on promotion by fine margins. Carlos has shown he is intelligent, learns and adapts. First year he was too open, second a bit cautious and hit by injuries. Third season he will nail it or at least deserves the chance, rather than risk a new manager wanting to do things his way, change everything and set us back two years. Do you not think Carlos knows far better than you that he needs to capitalise on the attacking talent at his disposal? 

24 minutes ago, dmw said:

You undermine your own argument by pointing out how hard it is even for supposedly top managers like Rafa and Bruce in the Championship with substantially more expensive squads than ours. Under Carlos we have improved year on year and missed out on promotion by fine margins. Carlos has shown he is intelligent, learns and adapts. First year he was too open, second a bit cautious and hit by injuries. Third season he will nail it or at least deserves the chance, rather than risk a new manager wanting to do things his way, change everything and set us back two years. Do you not think Carlos knows far better than you that he needs to capitalise on the attacking talent at his disposal? 

Im not sure that CC has the nouse or desire to go against how he thinks the game should played.

Must say i don't like the way he can blanks players and reminds me very much of Dave jones in  that respect.

Just hope whichever way DC decides  to play it he gets on with it and gives us time to hit the ground running.

3 minutes ago, darklord said:

I honestly think if this squad played to its best it could get top 2. But it's getting then to perform at their best that's tricky. 

This is the problem. I honestly think we have a squad that cannot be bettered in the championship . Its gelling them into a team that seems to be the issue. 

1 hour ago, OWLMAN21 said:

Could you not have added this to the countless other threads talking about the same drivel?

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

Could you not have added this to the countless other threads talking about the same drivel?

One persons drivel is another persons caviar.

Having said that you're right, this is drivel.

lol

46 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

This is the problem. I honestly think we have a squad that cannot be bettered in the championship . Its gelling them into a team that seems to be the issue. 

Oh dear. You really believe the squad couldn't be bettered???.

Lightweight in midfield.

Lack quality cover in central defence.

Suspect at full back

14 players in that squad that rarely if ever make the first 11.

Really???