Summer clear out

14 minutes ago, ramone said:

2015/16 - 6th 

2016/17 - 4th

And you want a clear out 

:ghoulguy::ghoulguy::ghoulguy:

and still championship football, getting knocked out of the play offs by a team on rotherhams budget. Yes theres far too many players that aren't good enough

33 minutes ago, ramone said:

2015/16 - 6th 

2016/17 - 4th

And you want a clear out 

Definitely don't need much of a clear out imo, other than the obvious ones ( Semedo, McGugan etc ) but there are a few players that we need to look at and decide if they're really going to compete for automatic promotion, which surely has to be the target for next season.

Players like Reach, Wallace, Bannan and a couple of others are good enough to contribute to a competitive championship squad and can do a job next season, but are we really going to be in the top 2 with them starting every week? Not for me and I'd like to see them become options rather than nailed on starters.

Just hope we sign a good young CB, midfielder with some gonads and somebody with genuine pace out wide.

34 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

palmer, pudil, sasso, semedo, nuhui, deilna, melo, sougu theres a start

MCGugan Dielna, Lachman, Emanualsen, Nuhiu, Sougou, Melo, Mattias, Joao, Keane, then Buckley and McManaman to return to parent clubs.

ADD Semedo unless reatained in coaching role for development squad.

That leaves the first team squad virtually intact but we would still have too many strikers but not enough wingers 

I would be looking at transer/swap deals to rectify this but think its time to bring Stobbs and Hirst into the first team squad.

New EFL regulations I understand require some home grown players in matchday squad. We only have Palmer at present.

ADDITIONS

Powerful attacking midfielder,

Tall centre back,

Winger who can play either side.

POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS .

Right full back able to defend as well as attack down the wings.

Left full back depending on progress of Fox.

1 hour ago, ramone said:

2015/16 - 6th 

2016/17 - 4th

And you want a clear out 

No one can deny we are carrying a lot of deadwood who never get near the 1st team ,and simply arnt good enough. 

5 minutes ago, Blatter said:

MCGugan Dielna, Lachman, Emanualsen, Nuhiu, Sougou, Melo, Mattias, Joao, Keane, then Buckley and McManaman to return to parent clubs.

This looks about right to me :manager:

Palmer, Hunt, Pudil, Emanuelson, Bannan, Reach, Semedo, Jones, Mcgugan, Jaou, Nuihu.

Not too sure what's with Lachlan & Dielna, are they still our players?

Send Mcmannaman and Buckley back.

That's potentially 15 players to go, 

So:

2 x R/B

1 x L/B

1 x C/B to partner Lees

1 x D/M

1 x box to box no nonsense Midfielder

2 x pacy skillfull Wingers

15 Out & 8 in

Oh, and yes I went there with Bazza B

21 minutes ago, Blatter said:

That leaves the first team squad virtually intact but we would still have too many strikers but not enough wingers 

I would be looking at transer/swap deals to rectify this but think its time to bring Stobbs and Hirst into the first team squad.

New EFL regulations I understand require some home grown players in matchday squad. We only have Palmer at present.

ADDITIONS

Powerful attacking midfielder,

Tall centre back,

Winger who can play either side.

POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS .

Right full back able to defend as well as attack down the wings.

Left full back depending on progress of Fox.

Very good, couldn't agree more

18 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Just show how many players we have that simply are not good enough. With the exception of big Dave , none of those get anywhere near the first team . Eleven players there ( not including Semedo ) who need to go freeing up wages for 4 or 5 quality replacements who will improve the team.

2 x pacy direct wingers

1 x quality centre half

1 x box to box beast of a midfielder

We all know the influence Semedo has around the club, so i would offer him a player / coach role as you say .

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Just show how many players we have that simply are not good enough. With the exception of big Dave , none of those get anywhere near the first team . Eleven players there ( not including Semedo ) who need to go freeing up wages for 4 or 5 quality replacements who will improve the team.

2 x pacy direct wingers

1 x quality centre half

1 x box to box beast of a midfielder

We all know the influence Semedo has around the club, so i would offer him a player / coach role as you say .

In principle, I agree that some of the deadwood needs to go i.e. those that haven't contributed to the first team squad much this season, but don't agree with some of the suggestions on here; hunt, Jones, abdi, reach, bannan etc, who have all contributed in a positive way (barring abdi, but injuries have forced that). I don't get this 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater' attitude; in my view we need "evolution not revolution". We're not that far off a team capable of auto's. 4/5 quality additions to bolster the first 18 should see us right.

Just now, Chilli said:

In principle, I agree that some of the deadwood needs to go i.e. those that haven't contributed to the first team squad much this season, but don't agree with some of the suggestions on here; hunt, Jones, abdi, reach, bannan etc, who have all contributed in a positive way (barring abdi, but injuries have forced that). I don't get this 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater' attitude; in my view we need "evolution not revolution". We're not that far off a team capable of auto's. 4/5 quality additions to bolster the first 18 should see us right.

I agree . Its the deadwood who dont play who need to go , not regular first team players. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I agree . Its the deadwood who dont play who need to go , not regular first team players. 

Sorry S36, I hope I didnt give the impression that I was implying you were saying first team regulars should go. I used your post as an opportunity to agree with your view whilst emphasing a need for continuity in the first team squad with some quality additions.