Carvalhal to Porto

Was in the media last week that Porto are keeping tabs on Carlos as they've had a poor season and are set to sack their manager

Seems like they've been in touch with Carvalhal and his agent this weekend, and our board have told him he's free to go

Be a sad way for him to go because I've loved him here but if true can't begrudge him moving back to Portugal and managing a club the size of Porto

Just now, Dagmeister said:

Plausible. Where is it being reported?

I just googled it as it's the first I've heard of it this morning and it looks like it's big news in Portugal and was reported in the Mirror late last week in England

I've heard this rumour and think it's just paper talk to be fair.

That said in my eyes this would be the ideal scenario as I really like Carlos but I just don't see us progressing any further with him.

He'd be getting to move on to bigger and better things, he'd also be back in Portugal with his family and we'd be able to go out and find a manager who is capable of getting the best out of the embarrassment of riches we have attacking wise in our squad.

Just now, Bodhidharma said:

I'm fine with this.

Agreed. On balance I'm just about in favour of a change but CC is a decent sort and I'd like to see him leave for something good for him and his family. The main thing I'd miss about him (if he leaves) is his media charm.

If this is true then I think it's best for all involved, it would be a thanks for your efforts, congrats on your new job and we'll get someone else in.

There'd be no sacking, no not offering a new contract and in all, leaving on good terms.