retained list

4 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

So, according to the Star, the club will release details of who is being offered a new contract, and who isn't

This suggests to me that the manager decision will have already been made, or is going to be resolved pretty quickly

Or player retention (and presumably acquisition) is not part of the manager's (head coach's) remit.

Edited by OxonOwl

5 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Which players are out of contract, I can only think of maybe Wallace, Sasso & Emanuelson.

Joe Wildsmith, Cameron Dawson, Vincent Sasso, Jose Semedo, Darryl Lachman, Urby Emanuelson, Claude Dielna and Modou Sougou

8 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Joe Wildsmith, Cameron Dawson, Vincent Sasso, Jose Semedo, Darryl Lachman, Urby Emanuelson, Claude Dielna and Modou Sougou

Out of that list would only offer contracts to the two keepers.

All others are dead wood and need moving on to freshen things up a bit.

I know some people will say how Semedo is a 'club legend' and how he is so good in the dressing room but no room for sentiment and should have really gone last year.

Wildsmith and Dawson to stay I would have thought.

I would also keep Sasso for another year, able squad player and with the addition of a quality CB in the summer, should have enough cover at CB for next season with 4.

I would like to see Semedo stay in some capacity, but sentiment aside, his playing days are over. Maybe coaching?

The rest can go.

53 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Cheers.

I'd be happy if we only offered contracts to Wildsmith & Dawson. I know we all love Semedo but he's way past his best & when injuries stretch our resources we need better than him & Sasso.

Id retain Wildsmith and Sasso but the rest can go. I dont think Dawson is or every will be up to the job and at his age he needs to be playing games and carving a career for himself. Having watched Kean several times at Mansfield, he should be on our bench whilst Wildsmith gets games elsewhere. 

Ive never got the Semedo love in. He should have been released two seasons ago and certainly should go this times. The rest arent good enough either 

Wildsmith and Dawson to stay but both to go out on loan. 

I've always been of the mindset that Semedo is too valuable off the pitch to let go, but I've changed that now. Time to go and welcome him back when he's ready to hang up his boots, a-la Bullen. 

I would be disappointed if we kept Sasso. In my mind we need to make a firm decision on Hutch being a centre back, which allows us to go out and spend decent money on a proper leader in the middle and gives us 3 centre backs of Lees, Loovens and Hutch. I'd rather then go out and get another quality CB to partner Lees.